Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

181 - 196 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,345 Posts
SLPCEO said:
There won't be any in mine either. California is a front plate state. But motorcycles don't have them, and people from out-of-state can drive here, so the rationale for them is weak. If a bad guy wants to do something and wants to be less detectable because of no front plate, he can do it anyway. The law is seldom enforced, and I don't think police benefit enough to make us ruin the looks of our beautiful new cars.

The cop I saw at a southern California Chevy dealer, drooling over a yellow C6, said he would not give a ticket for no front plate - his words were something like "This car isn't made for a front plate".

25 more days and counting . . .

Walt :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:
I think the last year we had to have a front plate was 81.
I wonder how many states have to use a front plate?If its the majority then thats why the Vette was designed that way.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
10,102 Posts
No question that the front plate law is selectively enforced in Ca. If you live in an area with intersection photo ticketing or toll roads - both rely partially or completely upon front plate pics of violators - expect a higher level of ticketing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
408 Posts
The last pic I saw of the new $400k Porsche had a front lisc plate on it so I'm sure you could live with it on the Vette. If not move.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,044 Posts
Longtimer said:
No question that the front plate law is selectively enforced in Ca. If you live in an area with intersection photo ticketing or toll roads - both rely partially or completely upon front plate pics of violators - expect a higher level of ticketing.
Have you heard of the clear-spray-on none detectable photo spray material?

It was on TV news: I don't know where it is bought, a camera shop maybe, but it does something to light rays which prevents the camera from picking up the necessary light reflection for a picture.

Good point about cameras on plates at toll roads, and bridges.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
648 Posts
Longtimer said:
No question that the front plate law is selectively enforced in Ca. If you live in an area with intersection photo ticketing or toll roads - both rely partially or completely upon front plate pics of violators - expect a higher level of ticketing.
So what do they do about motorcycles and out-of-state cars with no front plates? When those are allowed, the argument for other cars becomes weaker.

Walt :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,345 Posts
SLPCEO said:
So what do they do about motorcycles and out-of-state cars with no front plates? When those are allowed, the argument for other cars becomes weaker.

Walt :cool:
Maybe it has to do with money,do they get more income to the state with two?:huh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
174 Posts
Time to use the political process. Start raising cane and making a nuisance of yourself. E-mail or call or write your representatives and make it clear that this is an important issue to you. Anyone in Vette clubs, do petition drives. Make it clear that you will donate to and vote for candidates who will repeal front plate laws.

Just some thoughts...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
174 Posts
Re: Not to worry

GrantG said:
The base C6 is a monster for the price. For about $45k you get a car that does 186mph and 12-sec 1/4mile with refined interior and drivability. Nothing can touch it for the money. Sure, there will be better cars (including Z06), but no better bargain sports cars!
That's nice on paper, and sure SOME folks will buy 1SA cars, but it will be an incredibly small percentage.

Most people will have 1SB and that makes the car more like $50k. Throw in any of the goodies and you are close to $55k.

So far I haven't seen one do 12 seconds yet either.

Hopefully that will change.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
10,102 Posts
digo said:
Have you heard of the clear-spray-on none detectable photo spray material?

It was on TV news: I don't know where it is bought, a camera shop maybe, but it does something to light rays which prevents the camera from picking up the necessary light reflection for a picture.

Good point about cameras on plates at toll roads, and bridges.
YES I've heard of it, but CA law doesn't allow for any cover or any modificattion to the plates. If they can track you down, you're in trouble in Ca.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
10,102 Posts
SLPCEO said:
So what do they do about motorcycles and out-of-state cars with no front plates? When those are allowed, the argument for other cars becomes weaker.

Walt :cool:
I don't know what the motorcycle law is. Ca is friendly to tourists - to a point. The Ca law (and likely all other states' laws) only requires that Ca registered cars must display both of the Ca provided plates.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
648 Posts
Longtimer said:
I don't know what the motorcycle law is. Ca is friendly to tourists - to a point. The Ca law (and likely all other states' laws) only requires that Ca registered cars must display both of the Ca provided plates.
They only issue one plate to motorcycles - for the back, of course.

Walt :devil:
 

·
DC Crew
Joined
·
3,723 Posts
Longtimer said:
No question that the front plate law is selectively enforced in Ca. If you live in an area with intersection photo ticketing or toll roads - both rely partially or completely upon front plate pics of violators - expect a higher level of ticketing.
It's selectively enforced in TX, too.
 

·
Formerly DOC7000
Joined
·
4,513 Posts
My 1992 Grand Am never had front plates and didnt get ticketed until last year in 2003. It went 11 years without getting a ticket, and those interestion picture things I would think they would be smart enough to take a pic from both the front and back.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Other spy pic...

You guys need to post the other pic that shows the ZO6 on the track. In that pic you can see the headlights which are different from the regular C6. The headlights on that car are almost identical to those on the artist's rendering of the C6-R. Also, the wheels in the rendering are virtually identical to the wheels shown on the ZO6 spy pics. In other words, that artist's rendering has many clues about what the new ZO6 will look like.

I will keep my '01 ZO6 until the new ZO6 is available but I am pissin' myself with anticipation.:excited:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,345 Posts
Re: Other spy pic...

Goliath said:
You guys need to post the other pic that shows the ZO6 on the track. In that pic you can see the headlights which are different from the regular C6. The headlights on that car are almost identical to those on the artist's rendering of the C6-R. Also, the wheels in the rendering are virtually identical to the wheels shown on the ZO6 spy pics. In other words, that artist's rendering has many clues about what the new ZO6 will look like.

I will keep my '01 ZO6 until the new ZO6 is available but I am pissin' myself with anticipation.:excited:
Welcome Goliath to DC,get in line for the bathroom cause we all will be pissin our pants. :excited: :D
 
181 - 196 of 196 Posts
Top