Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, the AC on my car has a malfunction. the AC only comes out of the defrost vents. i took it to the shop and they first replaced the actuator that slides the door to each location.

well, that didnt help. it turns out that its the actual door that is the problem. they "said" the part # doesnt match up with the right door in the GM catalog. im not sure if this is BS or not. they "said" they are still looking (im guessing just like oj is looking for the real killer) for the part, but havent found it yet. im around 33,000 miles and running out of warranty. i need to find the part myself and hand it to them in person.

does anyone know about how i can go about finding this part? ive tried calling GM, but didnt have much luck. ill keep trying though.

·
Registered
645 Posts
well, the AC on my car has a malfunction. the AC only comes out of the defrost vents. i took it to the shop and they first replaced the actuator that slides the door to each location.

well, that didn't help. it turns out that its the actual door that is the problem. they "said" the part # doesn't match up with the right door in the GM catalog. I'm not sure if this is BS or not. they "said" they are still looking (I'm guessing just like oj is looking for the real killer) for the part, but haven't found it yet. I'm around 33,000 miles and running out of warranty. i need to find the part myself and hand it to them in person.

does anyone know about how i can go about finding this part? ive tried calling GM, but didn't have much luck. ill keep trying though.

Where in Louisiana due you live and what dealer did you call? I live in Slidell and have had terrible luck with "Robert Levis" Chevy. They couldn't find their ass with both hands there. I would recommend calling "Hood" Chevy in Covington. They really have their act together and may point you in the right direction. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where in Louisiana due you live and what dealer did you call? I live in Slidell and have had terrible luck with "Robert Levis" Chevy. They couldn't find their ass with both hands there. I would recommend calling "Hood" Chevy in Covington. They really have their act together and may point you in the right direction. :thumbsup:
i live in baton rouge. ive tried the baton rouge dealerships, but they are the worst bunch ive ever seen. i then tried natchitoches (im originally from up there), and they do good work (much better than BR), but they are the ones i was talking about above.

ill try out covington. my girlfriend is from there so that will work out.

thanks

·
Registered
645 Posts
i live in baton rouge. ive tried the baton rouge dealerships, but they are the worst bunch ive ever seen. i then tried natchitoches (im originally from up there), and they do good work (much better than BR), but they are the ones i was talking about above.

ill try out covington. my girlfriend is from there so that will work out.

thanks
Good deal :thumbsup: If you need any Mod work done to your vette I know a private shop that specializes in vettes here in Slidell with a very good rep. This guy has like 10 vettes from a 07 Z06 and down. Give me a shout.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good deal :thumbsup: If you need any Mod work done to your vette I know a private shop that specializes in vettes here in Slidell with a very good rep. This guy has like 10 vettes from a 07 Z06 and down. Give me a shout.
will do. im ordering the kenne bell when it comes out this fall. im not sure if thunder racing will install it or not. so, i might just need someone else.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts

Where do I find this guy? Other than Thunder Racing in Baton Rouge, I haven't found anyone in Louisiana that specializes in vettes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts