Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the part that connects the door lock to the locking mechanism? I have looked through many different diagrams on a couple sites but can't really find what it looks like, or find a part number. Anyone recently put on new door panels and have taken pictures?

·
Registered
816 Posts
Exterior lock or interior lock?

·
Registered
816 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Are you asking about the formed rod that goes from the door lock cylinder to the latch?

·
Registered
512 Posts
http://www.ecklers.com/product.asp?pf_id=31467&dept_id=1668

I know I need that piece, so what ever peice connects that to the locking mechanism. From what i hear its a rod protruding from the lock mechanism (like in the picture), which i think is broken off on mine. But being at school, I can't just go check unfortunately.

Now I think I get it. The slotted end of the Ecklers piece fits over the latch lever as crimsonwake pointed out (look at the arrow going to "outside lock cylinder"). The rod comes down from the door handle to the latch.

·
Registered
816 Posts
What;s the problem? does the lock turn freely or does it meet with instant resistance?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well when I got the car, there weren't any locks on it. So i bought new locks but wasn't sure if they came with the necessary hardware or if the hardware was already connected to the door lock mechanism. When I put the locks in I noticed there was nothing to connect it to the mechanism. (sorry if i'm not describing this very well, i'm waiting on some pictures my brother took for me of the spot so i can tell exactly what i need).

·
Registered
816 Posts
Well five minutes of disassembly and you should be able to look in and see what you need.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well i'm at college, and I'm not going to be home for a while. My brother sent me a picture though, kinda hard to see. I guess i'll just have to wait till I can see it for myself. THanks you guys

1 - 12 of 12 Posts