Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
rented a U-Haul on Saturday and ran up to Iowa City to deliver my mangled front clip to Josh at Custom Image Corvettes. Hopefully he'll be able to give the passenger half a good home on a future customer's project.

Here we are outside the shop.

Wasn't enough room inside with all the projects he has going on right now, but I don't think a little snow will hurt it.

It was great to meet Josh and shoot the bull for bit. It may be low-key on the outside, but there are some cool things happening behind the door to his shop. I'm definitely looking forward to receiving my SBC sidepipe headers in the coming weeks :thumbsup:

I didn't realize it until we were on our way home, but the U-Haul had a picture featuring Redondo Beach, CA on the side. Luck would have it that that's exactly the place where I bought my car 5 years ago. What are the odds?

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I didn't realize it until we were on our way home, but the U-Haul had a picture featuring Redondo Beach, CA on the side. Luck would have it that that's exactly the place where I bought my car 5 years ago. What are the odds?
Apparently 1:1 :laughing:

·
Premium Member
10,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Things are moving along. See ya soon??
maybe if you guys ever come back to the land of snow and cold! :laughing:

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
:laughing: grats on parting, now i know josh is going to start bugging me more about that chrome rear i promised him off my parts car lol:spanked:

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
A. May I asked what method you used for removing the whole clip from the cowl with out distroying the thin top cross brace?

B. What does the cowl look like after the front clip is removed

C. What instuctions are you following for re-attaching the new clip for correct alignment and door fitment?

·
Supporting Vendor
400 Posts
Thanks for bringing the front clip over. It will work great on James' former car...:devil:

Had a great time hanging out and glad you had some time to check out some of the projects.

Let me know how I can help with the reassembly of your car when you get around to it. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
10,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A. May I asked what method you used for removing the whole clip from the cowl with out distroying the thin top cross brace?

B. What does the cowl look like after the front clip is removed
Hopefully these pics help answer some of that:
http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144885&highlight=clip

C. What instuctions are you following for re-attaching the new clip for correct alignment and door fitment?
I bought the Glas-RA books on DVD that were highly recommended on the forum. However, I'm looking to do a less typical method for re-attachment that will be less permanent but will probably make good door gaps difficult to maintain.

One piece of advice I've heard is to rebuild the door hinges and get the doors adjusted perfectly at the rear edge and latch before working on the front door gap.

·
Premium Member
10,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sounds like good timing. Supposed to be mid 50's here next week! :excited:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts