Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like my passenger heated seat is not working :lookinup:....Went to turn it on the other day and the high or low indicator light is not comming on....The drivers side works fine....I already checked the Passenger heated seat fuse and it is ok....Any ideas guys???

I hope its something simple :huh:

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Your going to have to check the wiring to the switch.

You said the light doesn't illuminate!

It probably has a quick disconnect terminal lug on the hot fused wire which may have fell off the post located on the back side of the switch.

If all the wiring to the switch looks like it is connected properly then check it with a DC volt meter to verify you have atleast 12 vdc

Could also be a faulty switch.

The light should still illuminate when the switch is turn on to the high and/or low heat position regardless if the heaters in the seat were disconnected

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I checked the disconnect wiring harness on the backside of the switch and wouldnt you know it ..it was disconnected!!! :WTF....Plugged it back in and back in business...she works! :partyon::partyon:.......Hmm makes me wonder if it was like this from day one when I bought the car from a private sale because the previous owner fixed the ashtray door for me before I bought the car, the ashtray door would sometimes be stuck...He took it to the dealer and they fixed it...I bet you those clowns at the dealer didnt connect it securely or it popped out when they were reassembling(ashtray and seat heater switches are on a one piece trim) and they didnt even notice :spanked:

Livingwater you are the man...thanks :thumbsup::thumbsup:

was a pain in the ass geting it back in since I only removed the side molding on the passengers side to get access...tight space to work in but after finessing it with needle nose pliers and 45 minutes later it finally clipped in :thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts