Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the rain finally stopped, the sun is shining so I got the old girl out.

Go to pop the hood to check levels, plugs and timing and the passenger side will not budge!
Not a problem I say to myself, small hole in firewall, screwdriver in and push down...
Push down, up, left and right no movement at all. If anything it seems tighter :thud:

Is it possible to reach up from underneath and get a clear pull on the cable near the passenger latch? I can get her on a ramp tomorrow but as it will cost me, I need to know if I can reach first! lol..

Cheers.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Are you having some push the the driver side and pull the hood release while your moving the pass side?

It's almost impossible to do it alone.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Well, the rain finally stopped, the sun is shining so I got the old girl out.

Go to pop the hood to check levels, plugs and timing and the passenger side will not budge!
Not a problem I say to myself, small hole in firewall, screwdriver in and push down...
Push down, up, left and right no movement at all. If anything it seems tighter :thud:

Is it possible to reach up from underneath and get a clear pull on the cable near the passenger latch? I can get her on a ramp tomorrow but as it will cost me, I need to know if I can reach first! lol..

Cheers.
Yes, as long as the cable isn't broken at the right latch. Pull on the end at the drivers side latch.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you having some push the the driver side and pull the hood release while your moving the pass side?

It's almost impossible to do it alone.
Yeah had one of my sons and one of my daughters out helping! a true family affair!

·
Registered
138 Posts
I had the same problem. Once I got it open, I simply shortened the cable from the pull handle to the driver side release. Then the latches on both sides worked perfectly.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input guys.

I popped the hood on the drivers side but just couldnt reach the cable so I raised the passengers side of the car a little, slid under on my back and managed to hook the release cable with a long piece of stiff wire...Popped! w00t!

Then I found out why it wasnt popping....
I had removed the cowl induction system to refurb it and replace a clip holding the door and the hood release cable was held tight in place with one of the fixing bolts. As this was removed, the cable had some slack in in so wasnt actuating the latch :thud:

Cowl induction back on and working..hood releasing! :smack

1 - 8 of 8 Posts