Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SOUTHFIELD — Pastory Terry Jones accidentally fired off a handgun last night in the parking lot of a local television station studio.

Jones was leaving WJBK FOX 2's station after filming a live television roundtable with Imam Hassan Qazwini of Islamic Center of America, the station reports. Southfield police ruled the incident an accident.

Jones is due in Dearborn district court this morning at 8:30 a.m. for a hearing on his planned protest at Islamic Center.

related:

Pastor Terry Jones plans Good Friday protest in Dearborn, Mich.
Posted: 07:22 AM ET
Rebecca Hillman - rhillman
Filed under: Law •Politics •Religion •U.S.

Pastor Terry Jones is known for his controversial burning of the Quran, and is said to have a $2 million bounty on his head in Pakistan. Jones is now planning a Good Friday protest in Dearborn, Michigan where one-third of the population is Muslim.

Dearborn Mayor Jack O'Reilly says there is a problem with the site where Jones wants to protest and tells American Morning, "We never intend to deny him his rights but he has to stay within the law." A jury will decide Friday morning whether Jones will be allowed to protest at the mosque.

Dearborn Mayor O'Reilly speaks to Kiran Chetry and Ali Velshi about Jones' Dearborn protests.
Click to watch video

Reportedly...... the KKK are expected to arrive at the protest to be along side Pastor Terry.

This is a developing story....

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
http://www.freep.com/article/201104...rn-protest-could-endanger-U-S-troops-overseas

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2011/04/what_the_what_terry_jones_gun.html

What the what? Terry Jones' gun accidentally goes off outside Fox 2 studios

Pastor Terry Jones on Fox 2's "Let It Rip," shortly before his gun accidentally discharged.
Just in case the circus surrounding Terry Jones' planned anti-Islam protest in Dearborn wasn't enough of a spectacle, the Florida pastor's gun accidentally discharged shortly after he appeared on Fox 2's "Let It Rip."

No, really.

April 22, Fox 2: It happened in the parking lot at Fox 2 just moments after he appeared on live TV with Huel Perkins on the "Let it Rip' show.

Southfield Police say the gun accidentally discharged. No one was hurt. No Charges were filed. Police gave the gun back to Jones and sent him on his way.

Obviously, if Jones has a permit to carry, then I have no problem with him packing heat. Maybe they do things differently in Florida but, com on brah, make sure the safety is on while you're in Michigan.
Related topics: Terry Jones

:laughing:

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/new...o-pastor-jones-goes-off-outside-fox-2-studios

ouch....:laughing:

·
Banned
9,760 Posts
This idiot is such an attention whore, that he had to make sure someone was looking. He doesn't even deserve this post, in my oppinion. :crazy:

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
This idiot is such an attention whore, that he had to make sure someone was looking. He doesn't even deserve this post, in my oppinion. :crazy:
So true, 1 nut job get's sensationalized by the msm and it's ridiculous. Same with those westboro freaks.. although the story on Fox Nation about how to handle them was kewl as ****.. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wtf?

He/they walked into the court room with dress clothes and changed shirts to the HD biker tee shirts....

:crazy:

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
So true, 1 nut job get's sensationalized by the msm and it's ridiculous. Same with those westboro freaks.. although the story on Fox Nation about how to handle them was kewl as ****.. :thumbsup:
Well done.

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
:agree:
It's village idiots like the OP that perpetuate these kinds of people by sensationalizing thier actions.

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:agree:
It's village idiots like the OP that perpetuate these kinds of people by sensationalizing thier actions.
Why?

No different than blaming the president for gas prices caused by speculation.

Common ties with tea party and far right extremists are the threat of Islam in our country.

We even had a few hundred threads about it.

:rolleyes:

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Why?

They are on him, he said "The buck stops here". If supply was being increased, rather than decreased, speculation wouldn't play a part in prices. His administration has not done anything to help supply, and several things to hurt supply. It's on him, sorry but it's all his fault now... he spent $1 billion getting the job.

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
This guy is a nut. Don't try to blame larger groups that do not support his extreme point of view. Many people could agree that the world view of the Muslim community is at odds with our view of freedom and liberty (They clearly believe in forcing their religious mores on their fellow citizens, and many of them want to force it on the world). But very very few would agree with the tactics of this lame-brain.

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
Why?

Really? You had no problem blaming Bush/Cheney under the same circumstances.

Common ties with tea party and far right extremists are the threat of Islam in our country.

We even had a few hundred threads about it.

:rolleyes:
Like I said....you're fixated on sensationalizing the actions of a few marginal operators, and trying to tie thier imbalance to mainstream groups you disagree with...prejudice coupled with hypocrisy...you go girl!

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Don't try to blame larger groups that do not support his extreme point of view.

I'm not.

"Common ties with tea party and far right extremists are the threat of Islam in our country."

What I'm saying here is they both have the same belief of the direction of Islam in this country.

Not that they endorse each other.

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
There is a city owned lot across the street from the mosque where the pastor wants to demonstrate.

The question is...

Is that private or public property?

If it is public property, since it is owned by the city government, he has/may have,... the right to protest according to the constitution.

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
I'm not.

"Common ties with tea party and far right extremists are the threat of Islam in our country."

What I'm saying here is they both have the same belief of the direction of Islam in this country.

Fair enough, Obama shares many of the same views as Joseph Stalin, Adolph Hitler as well as Chairman Mao, Karl Marx and the unabomber.

Don't get all butthurt, it's true and it's in the same context as your drivel. :cheers:

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
I'm not.

But that same sentiment is shared by about 99% of Americans. Why single out those two groups? Pretty much everyone has seen a quote or two from terrorist leaders saying they will fight until the whole world is under Islam. Whether they represent Muslims at large is beside the point. There appear to be many Muslim leaders that would like to see Islam enforced everywhere. Is it intolerant to think that is a bad thing?

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
There is a city owned lot across the street from the mosque where the pastor wants to demonstrate.

The question is...

Is that private or public property?

If it is public property, since it is owned by the city government, he has/may have,... the right to protest according to the constitution.

Bump to put thread back on topic....

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
Fair enough, Obama shares many of the same views as Joseph Stalin, Adolph Hitler as well as Chairman Mao, Karl Marx and the unabomber.

Don't get all butthurt, it's true and it's in the same context as your drivel. :cheers:
Well done. Lucid.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts