Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Christian Coalition and 700 Club founder Pat Robertson says the U.S. needs to get “smart” on crime… by de-criminalizing marijuana:

“It got to be a big deal in campaigns: ‘He’s tough on crime,‘ and ’lock ‘em up!’” the Christian Coalition founder said. “That’s the way these guys ran and, uh, they got elected. But, that wasn’t the answer.”

His co-host added that the success of religious-run dormitories for drug and alcohol cessation therapy present an “opportunity” for faith-based communities to lead the way on drug law reforms.

“We‘re locking up people that have taken a couple puffs of marijuana and next thing you know they’ve got 10 years with mandatory sentences,” Robertson continued. “These judges just say, they throw up their hands and say nothing we can do with these mandatory sentences. We‘ve got to take a look at what we’re considering crimes and that‘s one of ’em.

“I’m … I’m not exactly for the use of drugs, don’t get me wrong, but I just believe that criminalizing marijuana, criminalizing the possession of a few ounces of pot, that kinda thing it’s just, it‘s costing us a fortune and it’s ruining young people. Young people go into prisons, they go in as youths and come out as hardened criminals. That’s not a good thing.”

Robertson aired a clip on a recent episode of his 700 Club television show that advocated the viewpoint of drug law reformers who run prison outreach ministries.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/pat-robertson-lets-de-criminalize-marijuana/

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
It won't really save that many resources. It's practically decriminalized now. Most cops I know say they simply don't pay attention to pot use unless it impacts something else. They don't want to go to the paperwork trouble for something that barely gets punished. Now, meth and other harder drugs are rampant and do take tons of resources, but there is no way you can look the other way on those drugs that ruin lives very quickly.

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It won't really save that many resources. It's practically decriminalized now. Most cops I know say they simply don't pay attention to pot use unless it impacts something else. They don't want to go to the paperwork trouble for something that barely gets punished. Now, meth and other harder drugs are rampant and do take tons of resources, but there is no way you can look the other way on those drugs that ruin lives very quickly.
The problem is, we have quite a few people serving long sentences for a plant.. :laughing: Meth is a scourge on the land and should have all available resources dedicated to it's eradication.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
He's obviously just trying to recieve some Media, To further his cause,

This has been discussed often for the last 15 years

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
This will save resources:thumbsup:

let it burn! :laughing:
:agree: I guess I come from a generation where it was accepted. Who knows when I retire... maybe.:laughing:

·
DC crew
4,102 Posts
People who smoke Marijuana are not criminals. Marijuana should be taxed and legalized not decriminalized.

Jr.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts