Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My constant fumbling with my 72 has generated two ideas for aftermarket products. (Maybe three)

Years ago I filed for a patent. That filing cost nearly $5000. It wasn't until afterwards that I found out the market was too small to warrant production of said item. My ex employer filed four patents with me named as the developer, but being an employee, the company has the rights to them. So I gain zero.

Anyway, does anyone know how to maintain rights to an idea and begin some marketing and possible production while funding for the patent rights?

I'm going to call a lawyer about this, but facts of the real world are, that he will dig into my pocket to get some bucks regardless if he believes in the worth of the ideas or not.

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
biltogo said:
My constant fumbling with my 72 has generated two ideas for aftermarket products. (Maybe three)

Years ago I filed for a patent. That filing cost nearly $5000. It wasn't until afterwards that I found out the market was too small to warrant production of said item. My ex employer filed four patents with me named as the developer, but being an employee, the company has the rights to them. So I gain zero.

Anyway, does anyone know how to maintain rights to an idea and begin some marketing and possible production while funding for the patent rights?

I'm going to call a lawyer about this, but facts of the real world are, that he will dig into my pocket to get some bucks regardless if he believes in the worth of the ideas or not.
Rudy, I spoke with one of my attorney's and he said:

"I am the grandson of an inventor and if your friend would like to come for a consultation, I will share my thoughts with him."

So, if you want his info, I'll give it to you. He's located in Park Ridge and is a SUPERB lawyer and family man. He does not rip people off.

Patrick

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:cool: Pat, when you get the chance, email me his phone number.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's coming by way of the Orient Express.
Nothing as yet:huh:

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
JWG said:
Is this a great place or what!....................:D
"Digitalcorvettes.com is tearing up the internet with it's slick website and colorful personalities. Also, you can get legal advice in the lounge."

:laughing:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts