Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read that the Corvetteforum.com has sold to company who is buying up automotive web sites. Please don't sell DC. I like it here. I swear I will become a supporting member ( as soon as you get that going again).:lookinup:

Here is the article link

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/announcement.php?f=139

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
:laughing:

For at least the last 3 years we have been approached dozens of times with offers to buy DC. I passed on an offer that was over $1,000,000 around Christmas of last year. (Yes, one million++)

So, that should tell you something bro, I'm rather fond of this website. :D

Although I am pretty ****ing burned out because the business end has been complicated and exhausting lately, and I haven't taken an actual vacation since 1993. With a million I could take a 20 year vacation. :laughing:

·
DC Crew
4,825 Posts
They are buying up a lot of boards! They bought ls1tech, mustangforum and ford-trucks and a few more.

DC will stand out even more now!

·
Brown Noser
782 Posts
:laughing:

For at least the last 3 years we have been approached dozens of times with offers to buy DC. I passed on an offer that was over $1,000,000 around Christmas of last year. (Yes, one million++)

So, that should tell you something bro, I'm rather fond of this website. :D

Although I am pretty ****ing burned out because the business end has been complicated and exhausting lately, and I haven't taken an actual vacation since 1993. With a million I could take a 20 year vacation. :laughing:
$1,000,000 ... that means that the folks at CF got at least that ...

:thumbsup: Patrick ... my bet is that there will be a decent fall-out from this and the DC membership will increase as the new owners make changes that people do not like.

When a site's ownership changes from an enthusiast (like you or Troy) to another business ... the culture changes from one of "fun+$$$" to "$$$ only" ...

DC's income cannot be all that bad ... the DC Z and DC C6 seem to show that fairly well ...

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
They are buying up a lot of boards! They bought ls1tech, mustangforum and ford-trucks and a few more.
Not surprised, most of the "boards" (web properties) are poorly run and barely make a profit (if they do) because they were started by car guys who can build a car but haven't a fricking clue how to run a business.

I think those sites were purchased for an utter bargain. One thing is for sure, their advertising rates are going to sky rocket. It will put a lot of small Corvette aftermarket companies out of business overnight when advertising rates jump to $1000/mo. You watch.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Now, thats really cool that your loyal to DC and you don't think its worth selling blah blah blah, but... 1 million dollars plus????

Are you out of your ****ing mind?!! start up another site similar to DC for christs sake and bring all these members over. I think they'd understand for a million bucks. hell i would.

·
DC Crew
2,503 Posts
DC was the best before and will be the best as long as Patrick in in charge, which should be a long time (i hope:laughing: )

·
Brown Noser
782 Posts
Not surprised, most of the "boards" (web properties) are poorly run and barely make a profit (if they do) because they were started by car guys who can build a car but haven't a fricking clue how to run a business.

I think those sites were purchased for an utter bargain. One thing is for sure, their advertising rates are going to sky rocket. It will put a lot of small Corvette aftermarket companies out of business overnight when advertising rates jump to $1000/mo. You watch.
That will be the killer of a lot of companies or a huge in-flux of new vendors on DC... also, it does not hurt when the person running the show has a little bit of a computer background it allows the owner to do tweaks themselves.

In the long run, some of those sites will be ruined ... the question is which ones?

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Now, thats really cool that your loyal to DC and you don't think its worth selling blah blah blah, but... 1 million dollars plus????

Are you out of your ****ing mind?!! start up another site similar to DC for christs sake and bring all these members over. I think they'd understand for a million bucks. hell i would.
All sales of this type always have a noncompetitive clause that keeps the seller from starting any thing that competes with the business sold for 7 to 10 years...

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
All sales of this type always have a noncompetitive clause that keeps the seller from starting any thing that competes with the business sold for 7 to 10 years...
Bingo.

·
DC Crew
2,503 Posts
I'd be lying if I didn't say I'd run to the bank if I got $5 million. :rolling:

But, there is much more to be done here. And, DC and Vette Dogs merchandise goes on sale tonight in our new online store. :D
tonight huh? looks like ill be buying stuff.:D

·
Brown Noser
782 Posts

But, there is much more to be done here. And, DC and Vette Dogs merchandise goes on sale tonight in our new online store. :D
If you turn down $5mil ... let me know ... I will swing by and hit you over the head ...

·
Only green will do...
18,391 Posts
Well i want a couple of tshirts some hats some posters we need this dont leave:thumbsup:

·
Registered
959 Posts

And I wouldn`t blame you one bit, mainly because you haven`t been accepting donations (in the name of supporting memberships) for the last (how many years) from members who thought they would have some say how the site was run. I thought their supporting member program was to paid for server upgrades and now he sells out (in my opinion saying to the members who supported him SCREW YOU). They also recently tried to blackmail a very helpful C-3 guy into paying $4K to be a supporting vendor long after he had sold out...he also claims (in print) there was no non compete clause and when he showed IB the website that valued CF at $6.8M he says they laughed.....the confusing thing to me has always been OT....most are NOT Corvette owners so what goods and services will they ever buy from a Corvette SUPPORTING vendor??
redvetracr

1 - 20 of 98 Posts