Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
Joined
·
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
aloha,
does the LT4 have opti-spark?or does it have a crank position sensor like the LS1?any common engine problems?leaks,roller rockers(i've heard of a possible early recall on the cranes)etc......thanks in advance for any replys.
 

·
DC Crew
Joined
·
53,221 Posts
I'm on my second LT4 car.

Yes, they both have the Optispark. But, I've never had any problems.

At one point there was a recall on the roller rockers, but neither of my cars fell in the VIN range for that. It wasn't that many cars.:)
 

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
Joined
·
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
aloha,
thanks.they must have improved the opti alot.i will get another c4 within a couple years,either ZR-1(dont really care for the wide ass though)a calloway or an LT4 car.
 

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
Joined
·
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dude i really like the G.S. with the calloway body.then if i can find a wrecked calloway i would somehow make it work on the LT4.i can fabricate,would need help with tuning,i think the LT4 uses LS1 edit,OBD2 correct?
 

·
El Teafive
Joined
·
10,489 Posts
hawaii-5-lo said:
dude i really like the G.S. with the calloway body.then if i can find a wrecked calloway i would somehow make it work on the LT4.i can fabricate,would need help with tuning,i think the LT4 uses LS1 edit,OBD2 correct?
you are correct that the LT4 is OBD2, but it uses LT1edit not LS1 edit.
 

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
Joined
·
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
-=Jeff=- said:
you are correct that the LT4 is OBD2, but it uses LT1edit not LS1 edit.
thanks Jeff:thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
990 Posts
Mine had a recall on the rocker arms (96-C-07A) but I don't know if it was ever done. I think I can contact a dealer and have them look it up for a price. Should I do this ?:huh:
 

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
Joined
·
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks Michael,
no need.thanks anyway.when the time comes i will take the research to another level.i,m sure you would already have some damage if your car was not done,i think i remember reading that one or more would totally come apart?
i would probably upgrade to a bullet proof rocker arm/valve trane to support the twins.
one other question,the LS1 is a 6 bolt main block.is the LT4?man i can see the dollars adding up fast.it might come down to a choice between my project above or the venom from big bear choppers.dont think i can swing both and keep the c5.hawaii doesnt have a lottery.i wouldnt play anyway.thanks for the input you guys.i might try this next summer:excited: at least i can get the car first,then gather my twins.:thumbsup:
 

·
Once again, "Hawaiian Punch"
Joined
·
1,265 Posts
hawaii-5-lo said:
thanks Michael,
no need.thanks anyway.when the time comes i will take the research to another level.i,m sure you would already have some damage if your car was not done,i think i remember reading that one or more would totally come apart?
i would probably upgrade to a bullet proof rocker arm/valve trane to support the twins.
one other question,the LS1 is a 6 bolt main block.is the LT4?man i can see the dollars adding up fast.it might come down to a choice between my project above or the venom from big bear choppers.dont think i can swing both and keep the c5.hawaii doesnt have a lottery.i wouldnt play anyway.thanks for the input you guys.i might try this next summer:excited: at least i can get the car first,then gather my twins.:thumbsup:
Hhhmmm? something here that I should know about BUDDY?:stick: :huh:
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top