Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Supporting Dealer
10,438 Posts
not sure if this has been mentioned, but I received an email from the plant this morning...

PAUL HAS BEEN REASSIGNED,

"Paul will be transitioning to the plant manager role at the GM Arlington plant - GM’s only producer of SUVs"

FYI

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
There was an article on yesterday's Ft. Worth Star-Telegram about him coming to be plant manager of the Arlington assembly plant, which builds SUV's. According to the article, it is GM's custom to keep these plant managers rotating around with short assignments, so they are never anywhere long. Graham's background is Mechanical Engineering and basically is an expert at putting vehicles together.

Here is the text:

General Motors’ Arlington truck assembly plant will soon get a new plant manager, its seventh in the last 10 years.
GM announced Monday that Paul Graham, currently manager of the company’s Bowling Green, Ky., Corvette assembly plant, will take over in Arlington on Oct. 1.
He will replace Alicia Boler-Davis, the first African-American woman to ever manage a GM assembly plant. Boler-Davis has been reassigned to manage the company’s two Lansing, Mich., assembly plants.
GM moves plant managers frequently, and spokeswoman Donna McLallen said the latest changes were part of the company’s ongoing restructuring efforts.
"Some plant managers opted to accept retirement packages, which dictated some reassignments among the remaining plant managers," she said.
Boler-Davis took over in Arlington on Oct. 1, 2007, after being promoted from assistant plant manager in Pontiac, Mich.
Graham initially joined GM as a student intern in 1980. He became a full-time manufacturing engineer at the Fort Wayne, Ind., plant in 1986 and held several other positions before being promoted to senior manufacturing project engineer in Pontiac.
Graham moved through a number of other posts at GM plants, including assistant plant manager posts in Shreveport, Oklahoma City and Fairfax, Kan., before being named Bowling Green manager in 2008.
In a telephone interview, Graham said he has no preconceived ideas about changes that need to be made in Arlington.
"With everything going on, I’ve been entrenched here" at Bowling Green, Graham said.
"I haven’t been down there yet, and I wouldn’t feel comfortable talking about it. Everything I’ve heard is very positive about the work force there."
Going from building Corvettes to SUVs won’t be a problem, Graham said. "I’m a family man. I drive a full-size SUV."
The Arlington plant, which is now GM’s only plant building large SUVs, has consistently earned plaudits for its efficiency and productivity as well as for building high-quality products. Graham holds a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering from Kettering University (formerly the General Motors Institute) and a master’s degree in project management from Johns Hopkins University.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts