Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After seeing my results on getting waterspots out of my black Z (see other post) a friend of mine ask me to give it a try on his black Lexus that had really bad paint. The results were fairly decent and he was happy. Sooooo the wife questioned why I was doing other guys cars and not hers. So since I ordered a full knew set of Adam's pads (mainly because I wanted a yellow pad to fix a few areas on my car and figured her junky car would ruin my current ones) I gave it a go. I know it's not a Corvette, but it shows what a novice (only third time for me) can do with a PC7424xp and Adam's pads. I didn't want to waste my Adam's polishes on this daily driver so I used the following: Mcquires Unltimate Compund on Orange pad, then Mcquires Gold Class on Black pad. Here are the before and afters:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Not bad for 170,000 miles:

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
:thumbsup: nice looking results, that PC 7424XP will make anyone feel like a pro :laughing: I used mine to get yellow over spray off my fathers black 84 and what a ton of work it was, but I was glad I had it.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It went pretty quick, probably since that charcoal grey is very forgiving. I think it took longer to rejuvinate all the plastic bumper covers, rockers, door handles, luggage rack etc.....Ford Escapes have even more plastic then vettes :surprised

I used a really good product for all that plastic. Some of it was faded almost light grey. I think it was Mother's trim and dash restorer. I will have to double check and repost if I am mistaken. It didn't get greasy and didn't streak at all. We just had a heavy rain and none of it ran off and onto the paint like has happened before with Armor All. I just put it on an old cotton T-shirt and buffed it in. Worked great.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts