Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just got my computer redone by pcmforless and holy crap they are amazing! My car is stock less exhaust and there was definitely a sotp performance difference. I have not wanted to change much on the car and this was exactly what was needed the vette is almost a different animal altogether. Highly recommended also I gained about 2.5 mpg on the highway.

·
Registered
15 Posts
What year is your car? I have a 95 A4 LT1 and was considering having an updated computer sent to me through them. Do you have to run Premium gasoline?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mine is a 94 and yes I am running premium but that is what I was running anyways. Seriously I think I could definitely keep pace with a c5 maybe Im a little over zealous but I think it could.

·
Registered
15 Posts
sounds like it's a noticable difference! One more question...did you change to a lower temp thermostat as well?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no I did not I left it at the stock 195 thermostat. I have heard good and bad things about the thermostat and mine runs at 205 in traffic in a central texas summer so thats fairly cool considering most of my cars have run 230 constantly. All I have done to reduce temp is a BMAD and have been satisfied with that purchase as well.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks for the quick replies! I'm about ready to place my order I think. Just need to decide if I want to have them send me one first and send in my core later.

Was it easy to install? Anything to be aware of? Codes? or any problems? :spanked:

·
Registered
441 Posts
Yea PCMforless ....is VERY good at nailing a mail order tune.........they've done nearly every combo from stock, to a crazy mixture of engine & drivetrain mods... so they've seen (and tuned) just about everything out there, so they have a REAL good idea of what everything needs.......my mail order tune from Bryan(at PCM for less) was within 10 RWHP of an "aditional" $500 (in person) dyno tune that got things as perfect as was possible(which I always do later after a combo is running).........The additional dyno tune was not my best $500 dollar expenditure:smack , but I had to see what else was left in her:D

·
Registered
441 Posts
Thanks for the quick replies! I'm about ready to place my order I think. Just need to decide if I want to have them send me one first and send in my core later.

Was it easy to install? Anything to be aware of? Codes? or any problems? :spanked:
Nothing really to install and no issues to worry about:thumbsup: .....Just disconnect your battery first, before you put the re-programmed PCM in....then there's just the four connectors to your PCM(two on top, and two right under them).........PS: another good thing that you can have Bryan do (if you want), is to have him PRE-set your PCM for the addition of a larger 52 or 58mm throttle body.....he can make the changes nessessary to the PCM so that when the day comes that you upgrade your stock throttle body (if you ever wanted to) you won't need to send the PCM back for a re-program($50 update)..........and also, adding the LT4 Knock Module is a VERY good idea at this time since the PCM will be out anyway......MANY (even stock) LT1's get quite a bit of unwanted "FALSE" knock spark retard....and "especially" if you ever add roller rockers or headers you can pick up quite a bit of power destroying FALSE knock......the LT4 Knock module pops in the back side of the PCM in 1 minute, and helps this issue greatly.........Even when my LT1 was completely stock(aside from exhaust).....it was pulling almost 6 degrees of false knock at full throttle... then after adding the LT4 knock module, this completely went away................Joe:thumbsup:

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea it was easy 4 plugs and two screws it really did take all of 10 minutes max. I dont think I will do the throttle body as I did that on my ta a few years ago and really didnt see a difference. I will probably do the airfoil just for giggles considering everyone bashes on em but when I posted a thread "get rid of your useless airfoil" trying to pay just shipping on one nobody would let theirs go haha.

·
Registered
15 Posts
well.....I just ordered it!! hope it will be worth it and a noticable difference!

I ordered one next day and will send mine back as a core. Now, I have to purchase a LT4 knock module to go with it. Hope you guys are correct about this...I don't want to hurt my baby!!!! only 49k miles... :spanked:

·
Registered
15 Posts
one more stupid question....since I will be recieiving a new computer will my odometer still show the correct mileage?

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,554 Posts
BMAD = Big Mouth Air Dam

·
Registered
15 Posts
My Updated PCM has arrived and is on my doorstep! I will provide some feedback once I install it! I may have to leave work early to go play!:partyon:

·
Registered
15 Posts
It's in!! and it runs awesome. Fans come on sooner now and it runs much cooler!! Idle is better, acceleration is better, and I can feel more power, especially at higher rpm's...really screams now.

:cheers:

·
Registered
74 Posts
It's in!! and it runs awesome. Fans come on sooner now and it runs much cooler!! Idle is better, acceleration is better, and I can feel more power, especially at higher rpm's...really screams now.

:cheers:
Damn, that was quick. While there's obviously no replacement for a real world dyno-tune or similar, these guys from all reports are masters of the mail-order tune. What little criticism I've read about them was not even credible, IMO. And if there's a problem, rest assured they'll do what it takes to take care of it. Alvin and his comrade, whose name escapes me, are super good guys. Alvin is now based not too far from me. I hope to meet him one of these days.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Alvin and his comrade, whose name escapes me, are super good guys.
Bryan is his name. I ran a 12.51 on his old tune. Just got another one today for the new cam. The tune I got from them is considerably better than the $350 I spent on the dyno tune I had. I guess the guy didn't know LT1's. Bryan at PCMforless knows them.

Off topic, whatever happened to the timeslip thread?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts