Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone going to a PDX in the KC region. I heard there is one on April 30th at Heartland Park. I am not aware of any others.

Mark

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
don't know been kind of out of the action latly?

·
Premium Member
10,260 Posts
hey Mark, I actually moved out to Salt Lake City to work with Pfadt so I'm not in the area any more, but member Turbo84 has a '69 that he's done a LOT of work to and just moved to KC recently. I'll send him a PM to make sure he sees this thread.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I'm finishing up my move to KCMO right now. Unfortunately I won't be there in time for this event, but please post your thoughts on how the day went (the more details the bettter). Once I finally get everything unpacked I'll be looking for places to run the cars.

Have fun!

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
The doctors wont let me get on the track yet. But I think I will take a road trip to topeka to watch and support our good friends at Superior Chevrolet...

·
Premium Member
10,260 Posts
any of you guys make it out to this?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jason,

Sounds like a great move and an awesome job. Was hoping to do some go karting with you but I guess that will have to happen some other day.

I was not able to go to this event. I have now picked up a 2000 FRC with several mods that I will most likely be tracking. It is my daily driver as well but I want to get it out and start hammering on it.

The car dynoed 440rwp in St. Louis in 2009. I had the car dynoed in KC last weekend and it made 393rwhp on a hot day. The car did show it was running lean and I am going to have the car tuned to make sure the car is not running as lean as the in car meter showed.

I did see there will be another event on July 16th that KCCA and Superior will be sponsoring. I have signed up for that one and plan to take the 2000 FRC if I get it sorted out. Otherwise I will take the Z06.

Mark

·
Premium Member
10,260 Posts
did you keep the Z or just swap out for the FRC? Sounds like you ought to make one or the other a dedicated track animal and really make the most of it :D

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We actually kept the Z06 and have two cars. The 2000 will become the track car. I am still sorting out some issues. I think it is running really lean and it also has a syncro going out in 2nd. If you can match RPM or wait until the RPM drop far enough you get a good shift, otherwise you get some grinding.

After we get that figured out, I should be able to hit the track with it. There are some other things like it has 2002-4 Chrome Z06 wheels so the TPMS are not understood by the wireless receiver. I am working on that as well.

It will just take a little time.

Mark

1 - 10 of 10 Posts