Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any idea how to get the pedal assembly out of a '68 with the manual pedals. I spent this evening removing the steering column bracket and support from my car before taking a slight detour and cleaning the mouse nests out of each door :surprised . I can't seem to find out how the bracket that holds the pedals comes out. I'd like to get it out of there so I can refinish the pedals and get the whole assembly out of the way for when I do a repair to the floorpan.

Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
512 Posts
There are four bolts in the front wall of the wiper well and (on a PS car) the four studs from the booster hold it in. On a manual car the two bolts for the master cylinder hold it in.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Shark is right. You have to disconnect the M/C or the booster. You also have to unbolt it from the steering column and remove the column. It will be much easier to work under there with the column out. Remove the clutch and brake pedal actuating rods and then you should be able to remove the whole assembly. I recommend replacing the bushings, the brake light switch and the neutral safety switch while you have it all out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. She came right out after undoing the four bolts in the wiper cowl. Fortunately, my steering column and power brake booster/master cylinder were already removed from the car when I got it (I do have them though). Sometimes buying a basket case has its advantages :D

Thanks again.

·
Registered
32 Posts
peddle removel

I would strongly suggest that you replace the brake booster when you go back together.(dont ask me how i know). It is a real pain to replace the booster after everything is together.

Marc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts