Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am i the only one that gets pissed off when other people that dont know how your corvette acts and handles try to drive it like you?

Me and my dad are trying to figure out what the hell is wrong with my 'vette, well today we finally got her running normal. So i take it around the driveway abit(about as big as a culdasac) and she seems normal to me(ive been driving this car for over a year) Well my dad hops in and takes off, spinning the tires and sliding all over the place and just stomping the gas all the way down. Yea sure, hes been driving alot longer than me, but he has never driven a corvette before.... It just pisses me off. I specifically asked him NOT to drive like that, my car has to many problems to be doing that, unless you know how it acts.

He thinks the way to get out of a slide in a c4 is to brake.....I usually just push the gas down even more and shell even her self out. He thinks you can just slam the gas down to do a burnout, i learned the hard way(i destroyed my pinion gear) IT just pisses me off...

·
DC Crew
9,475 Posts
I have a brother who is 16 years younger than me, he is more like a son than brother. We are the only car guys in the family. When he was in his 20's he bought a Nissan Hustler pickup, he slammed it, put a new suspension and wheels and tires on it. He said it handled like a sportscar.... so I off I went and tried it out on a corner...... he said well thats the last time you drive my truck!! It did handle like a sports car LOL.

Another time I did a wheelie with his Motocycle......

He currently owns a Mustang GT and Harley Nighttrain.

He has driven my Vette!!

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
wait, im supposed to let other people drive my vette?

·
DC Crew
32,977 Posts
Dude, it's your dad. He's nice enough to give you a place to live let him do a burn out or two with your car.:laughing:

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dude, it's your dad. He's nice enough to give you a place to live let him do a burn out or two with your car.:laughing:

I normally wouldnt care Raid, just the 'vette isnt 100% just yet, and one of the control arms on the back is messed up(dont ask me how) The thing that really pissed me off is i asked him "please, dont get it sideways,spin the tires,or slam the gas down" and he did it. If the situation was reversed i wouldnt be on the computer right now, they wouldve killed me!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a brother who is 16 years younger than me, he is more like a son than brother. We are the only car guys in the family. When he was in his 20's he bought a Nissan Hustler pickup, he slammed it, put a new suspension and wheels and tires on it. He said it handled like a sportscar.... so I off I went and tried it out on a corner...... he said well thats the last time you drive my truck!! It did handle like a sports car LOL.

Another time I did a wheelie with his Motocycle......

He currently owns a Mustang GT and Harley Nighttrain.

He has driven my Vette!!

I imagine if i had a brother i wouldve killed him by now for trying to steal the 'vette for a date!

Luckily god gave me a sister instead, a sister that doesnt like fast cars :crazy:

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
LOL your dad probably figures your to young to know anything yet and is not ganna listen to you LOL.

hell with it I say letem drive the hell out of it that way when it brakes when hes driving it he can pay to fix it isntead of you;)

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LOL your dad probably figures your to young to know anything yet and is not ganna listen to you LOL.

hell with it I say letem drive the hell out of it that way when it brakes when hes driving it he can pay to fix it isntead of you;)

If that was the case, i wish he would throw a rod and all the bands! That way i could get that sweet ls7 and 6 speed i want :devil::devil::D:D

·
DC Crew
20,694 Posts
Sounds like Dad knows how to have fun! :devil:

I wouldn't worry about it, things will break at some point, so have a fun story while you're doing it. It's quite a bit better than if he gave the Corvette no interest, ya know.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Gotta agree with the OP here.......

Right after I got my H/C and other goodies, adding nearly 150hp, I let one of my friends drive it. He has a vette too so I figured how much trouble could he get into.....his vette is STOCK. I told him......"don't slam the gas, this car has A LOT of torque and it WILL get away from you if you're not used to it".

First thing he did when he got on the main road was slam the gas and the rear end attempted to pass us. I was not pleased to say the least.

Some people just don't get it that these cars WILL bite back!

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Im 19, my dad is 41.

Why?
It doesn't matter, but you sounded young to me, which you are.

Would your dad be nice enough to help you work on your car, or even chip in on any costs if he breaks anything?

I always look back fondly on the times I had - working on cars with my dad.

I would give a million dollars to have one more day with him to work on my car.

Be nice to your dad. You will miss him when he is gone.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It doesn't matter, but you sounded young to me, which you are.

Would your dad be nice enough to help you work on your car, or even chip in on any costs if he breaks anything?

I always look back fondly on the times I had - working on cars with my dad.

I would give a million dollars to have one more day with him to work on my car.

Be nice to your dad. You will miss him when he is gone.

Trust me, I know... ive almost lost my dad, no fun.

Yea,he helps me with my cars,i help him with his.
hell help me out if i need some quick cash and lets me pay him back when i can, like i said,i dont mind him driving the car or having fun, its just not 100% right now, it has a few problems.

For a moment i thought you were gonna bash me for being young with a Vette. ALOT of people give me smack because im only 19, so they automatically think i dont know what i have.
I first saw one when i was about 9, fell in love with them and when i turned 18 and got my license my parents told me i could have any car i could afford(i had been saving up since the first time i saw one) found it and brought her home.

Ive had it for over a year, and ive driven it in every situation except snow and sleet, which,if it stays working, ill do later this winter. I drive my Vette daily,thats my main mode of transportation(untill tomorrow) im pretty sure i know about it.

Thanks for not calling me an irresponsable teen though!!

Jeff

·
Premium Member
15,763 Posts
I actually get a little upset when people get in my Vette and don't stomp the pedal. :laughing:

·
I have poor impulse control.
3,813 Posts
Hmm, maybe we have a different philosophy. When family has driven my car, i've encouraged them to get on it. When it comes to family, "mi casa es su casa." And mi casa applies to mi cars too. :laughing:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts