Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A bunch of my friends keep telling me to add a performance chip to my car to help build a good base to add more performance. There are a whole bunch of different ones out there and I have no idea what to look for. I come from the land of carbs and cams, not chips and modules. What are some good ones for street use?

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One pewny little mod. Removed the cat. That's it. I have no idea where to even begin on this thing. I don't believe any of the previous owners did anything to improve performance. It's fast, but it's not "Corvette fast".

·
Registered
351 Posts
Start with mod's first, 1.6 roller rockers, headers, cat-back exhaust, cam, 52m TB, ect. then have a chip done to take advantage of your mod's. If you are looking for HP, a new chip with the oem equipment is a wast of money IMO. A hi-po cam and bigger TB will require a new chip, the other stuff may not .

Good Luck:buhbye:

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All this stuff will benefit me with the Crossfire intake? I want to keep the crossfire and milk it for all it's got. I want to keep some originality to the car and you just never see many crossfires anymore. 84's are either SY1, TPI, Carb, XRam, etc. I realize the crossfire isn't the best way to achieve power, but I don't want to lose it unless I absolutely have to.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Yes, I not sure who's developed a good cam for the Xfire, but the other stuff will help. Keep digging around and I'm sure you'll come up with lots of Xfire stuff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts