Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Surely you know about the Nurburgring Nordschleife (Northern Lap), the Green Hell, a Roller Coaster like, nutty racetrack which is 20,8km long and was built in 1927. The C6 and the CTS V-Series got their final chassis tuning there, as well as nearly every other sportscar. The ring has some 120 curves, steep acclivities and descents and there are bumps (where your car gets airborne for 20 to 30 meters) that a motocross team would feel sick. On the other hand there are brutal fast passages where you reach 180mph with a C5.
We have a very good Motor Magazin here, 'SPORT AUTO', every month they publish the 'Supertest', the best test report I know. They clock the sportscar they are testing at the Ring and at Hockenheim (That's a small, very narrow racetrack, a kind of handling course). The driver is always the same, a skilled racedriver, and so you have the perfect base for comparison.
They make this 'Supertest' since 1997 and I have the data of nearly every sporty car that is in production at present.
If there are interests, I would take the hassle to create a data sheet with the relevant data of todays sportscars.
Let me know if it's worth the trouble.

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
Hi Oliver,
Is there any links to sites or videos of cars racing.?
Sounds like it will test the car and the driver.:smokin:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts