Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a 2006 C6 Corvette plain Stock. I am looking to do some bolt on upgrades and have seen many different packages online. I know SLP has one called ZL465, westcoast corvette has a few, and a few other sites offer them as well. After searching for awhile I am thinking about going with a package from East Coast Corvette for $3125. Does anyone know anything about any of these parts or have used them before? Any opinion would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

The Performance package includes: (supposedly 75-95hp gain)

VR-SC1 Vararam "SNAKE CHARMER" Ram Air Intake System
Diablo Sport Hand Held Tuner
VR-TBS1 Vararam Throttle Body Spacer
160 Degree Thermostat
B&B Route 66 Muffler System with your choice of Quad Round or Quad Oval Tips
C6 Corvette Long Tube JET-HOT Coated Headers with Random Tech Catalytic Converters and X-Pipe

·
Registered
939 Posts
Welcome to D.C.!!

That package sounds similar to LG Motorsport's (link on the left side of the page) 400 RWHP package. I think LG is a little cheaper than that, and gaurantees 400 HP to the ground (about a 55hp package)

If you do go with the package you mentioned, the price seems fair, but I'm not sure if its the best on the market. Check with some of the part dealers on the site to find the best bang for your buck.

Mike

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Rhod,

Get long tubes, an intake, a cat back and a tune and you will make 460 or more at the flywheel and it is much less expensive then the packages you are talking about- - -I make 465 at the flywheel with the above mods.

Just a thought and the total cost is about a thousand less too; just use the DC vendors and carefully select the tuner . . :thumbsup:

You will need the thou for tires and tickets . . :spanked:

·
Registered
388 Posts
I've pretty much got the SLP465 package using other products other than SLP (except for their rockers). You can piece meal it together for less. I'm also not a fan of SLP's customer service (long story). If I had to do it over, would not have done the rockers through SLP and probably not the rockers at all. I mild or baby cam would have achieved better results for just a bit more money. My ported intake (not part of the SLP package) didn't add much to the peak numbers, but did add 10-12rwhp/tq in the mid range. Probably similar to adding pullies. Anyway, I've made a best of 397rwhp/387rwtq with the mods in my sig. That's without the VR which probably would show no gains on the dyno anyway. My assumption is with it, I'm probably at 400rwhp at speed as I gained .2 and 2 mph in the 1/8th alone with the VR.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Rhod,

Get long tubes, an intake, a cat back and a tune and you will make 460 or more at the flywheel and it is much less expensive then the packages you are talking about- - -I make 465 at the flywheel with the above mods.

Just a thought and the total cost is about a thousand less too; just use the DC vendors and carefully select the tuner . . :thumbsup:

You will need the thou for tires and tickets . . :spanked:
:agree: Definitely get a custom tune done at a reputable shop on their dyno. Forget the handheld and mailorder tunes as a custom tune is much better. The only thing I would add to dog's list above is a cold air intake. You coud always spend the money saved on a ported intake and a ported and polished throttle body. :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts