Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I need some solid information from you guys. I plan on doing a few of my performance upgrades in the next few days and would like to know what I need. Here are the things I am going to do then, I will ask the questions.
G5X3 Cam package from LG:devil:
LT Pros from LG:spanked:
Underdrive Pulley from ???:huh:
Ported Oil pump from ???:WTF
LS2 Timing Chain from ???:WTF

Cam Package -- I plan on going with the packgage from LG that has the cam and valvetrain components all in one buy. I am afraid of putting a cam in and blowing up my valvetrain or have valve float b/c I haven't properly matched the parts. I want the Hp and don't mind the harshness in ride. I just want to know if anybody else has done this package, what they thought of it, and if it is a good idea to do?

LT Pros -- Not a question here just letting you know what I will be getting to compliment the cam package.

Underdrive Pulley -- I looked at the one from LG and it claims 25% UD, but has the same picture as the one from Summit that claims 10%. Both are ASP. Did they make to different UD sizes for the same car? Also I see that they are recommended for the LS1, Is it OK for my LS6? I was pretty sure it would be, but am not confident?

Ported Oil Pump -- I have read a few threads on ported LS2 pumps, but am not sure where to go to get one. I see that Summit offers an LS1 ported oil pump and again wasn't sure how that would bolt up to my LS6? Is it worth it? or Is the LS2 ported oil pump that much better?

LS2 Timing Chain -- Just lost on if it is worth it? and where to get one from?

Thanks for the help guys, this forum kicks ass:partyon:

Josh

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anything on the Timing Chain and Oil Pump then? I've talked to Anthony and he has helped me out on the others.

Thanks,

Josh

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Good Luck with install.You doing this yourself?

·
Registered
3,584 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yep, I plan on doing the entire job myself. I've done a camshaft change on the other vette, just more stuff to take off this time.

JJ - good site. I can't seem to find/navigate the parts I would be looking for.

Does anybody know if the LS2 oil pump and timing chain are direct bolt ons to the LS6?

That is the only questions I have left.

Josh

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nobody knows anything about the timing chain and oil pump? I'm pretty sure the timing chain is a direct bolt on. I think the LS2 oil pump is as well. I should be ordering parts tonight and then I'll have to wait patiently for them.

Josh

·
Registered
337 Posts
IMHO, I'd call Jason at Katech for the definitive answers. They build the engines for the Corvette Race C6R's. LS2 timing set is direct bolt on and good stuff. A Melling oil pump is a direct fit but engineered & built for high performance engines from scratch, instead of ported oem with different spring. In addition stock diameter crank pulley for Corvette is 7.5" in diameter, most aftermarket UD pulleys are 7.25", I have not seen smaller ones listed. With all that said why do you not wish to buy all your parts from LGM ?

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
IMHO, I'd call Jason at Katech for the definitive answers. They build the engines for the Corvette Race C6R's. LS2 timing set is direct bolt on and good stuff. A Melling oil pump is a direct fit but engineered & built for high performance engines from scratch, instead of ported oem with different spring. In addition stock diameter crank pulley for Corvette is 7.5" in diameter, most aftermarket UD pulleys are 7.25", I have not seen smaller ones listed. With all that said why do you not wish to buy all your parts from LGM ?
In my conversations with Anthony it seemed like they didn't sell them. I didn't see the timing chain or oil pump on their site. Maybe I should call tomorrow.

I will talk to SLP in the morning when I finish up my orders.

Thanks for the information...

Josh

1 - 8 of 8 Posts