Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

61 - 80 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Back on Topic:

Precursor to my pet peeve: I roll most of the time w/ my windows down.

Pet peeve: I ABSOLUTELY HATE when people open their doors (cutting the power) before I'm done rolling the windows up! People who ride with a lot me get ready to leave the car and then look over and wait for me to get out. When I get out, you can.

I suppose it would be easier to roll the windows up with the car on, but I like to hear my baby shutdown without the glass barrier.

OH that bugs me...

Stupid, right? Most pet peeves are... :thud: :huh:

(And for the record, most newbies to the car can't figure out how to get out so I have time to roll the windows up. It's mostly the ones that have ridden once or twice, but haven't had me give them "the look" about the windows...)

:crazy: right?

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
When a customer asks for a design & bid. Then they ask for a bunch of additions & changes. THEN they call and ask why the price went up. THEN want you to take some parts off and they'll buy them them selves AND still want you to assemble them.

:nuts:

·
Sir Dude
17,444 Posts
Pet peeve: I ABSOLUTELY HATE when people open their doors (cutting the power) before I'm done rolling the windows up! People who ride with a lot me get ready to leave the car and then look over and wait for me to get out. When I get out, you can.

................:agree:

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
I have never seen a car that can't roll up its windows regardless of door position. It would never occur to me.

:huh:

·
Sir Dude
17,444 Posts
Heres one for you ... Some one that asks a question and when you give them an answer they argue with you about it. Makes steam come out my ears.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Heres one for you ... Some one that asks a question and when you give them an answer they argue with you about it. Makes steam come out my ears.
YES YES Y E S! Further more to add to this people asking questions they don't want to hear the answer to. OR the girlfriends.. girl-friends asking you for advice and in turn acting on nothing you tell them then they wonder why they keep running into the same stupid situations. Heres the kicker, they then get mad at you for not preventing them from doing stupid ****. Yes, I am trapped in an ocean of estrogen. No, it is NOT all it's cracked up to be.

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
I know! It's like they thought they already knew the answer and are trying to hang you with it.

Or they are asking a question as a roundabout way to try to encircle you into something. Basically asking the question to the answer they don't want you to know about.

Example:
Where is your tool box? I want to look at it.
You show them.
Where is your [something] tool? I would like to borrow it.
WTF didn't you just ask me if I had a [something] tool?

·
Sir Dude
17,444 Posts
I know! It's like they thought they already knew the answer and are trying to hang you with it.

Or they are asking a question as a roundabout way to try to encircle you into something. Basically asking the question to the answer they don't want you to know about.

Example:
Where is your tool box? I want to look at it.
You show them.
Where is your [something] tool? I would like to borrow it.
WTF didn't you just ask me if I had a [something] tool?

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: I know what you mean... By the way where is your wife?:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
I didn't read this whole thread so if it's been said, sorry...

I can't stand following a car in traffic when the driver rolls down the window a little bit and flicks a lit cigarette butt out their window!

It's worse when it bounces off the front of my car!

Matt383

·
Sir Dude
17,444 Posts

I can't stand following a car in traffic when the driver rolls down the window a little bit and flicks a lit cigarette butt out their window!

Matt383

........:agree:

·
Banned
14,241 Posts

Matt383
:agree:

Some years ago (when i was grumpy) I saw it happen at a stoplight. I got out of my car, picked up the cig butt, and put it out on the guy's arm. It was resting on his window ledge. He screamed, openned his door to get out and I kicked it shut on his leg, pinning it. I leaned in really close and whisperred in his ear, "Light is green. You have a choice. Choose wisely."

Looking back, I should be ashamed. But I am not. I'm actually quite proud. These assholes have killed people and ruined property when their butts light the dry ditch grass on fire.

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
:agree:

Some years ago (when i was grumpy) I saw it happen at a stoplight. I got out of my car, picked up the cig butt, and put it out on the guy's arm. It was resting on his window ledge. He screamed, openned his door to get out and I kicked it shut on his leg, pinning it. I leaned in really close and whisperred in his ear, "Light is green. You have a choice. Choose wisely."
Had that been me I would have chosen wisely.....I would have chosen to send you home with your teeth in your pocket....like a bunch of chiclets :thumbsup:

BTW, my peet peeve is people who complain about pet peeves. :laughing:

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
Had that been me I would have chosen wisely.....I would have chosen to send you home with your teeth in your pocket....like a bunch of chiclets :thumbsup:

BTW, my peet peeve is people who complain about pet peeves. :laughing:
You could certainly try. No harm in the effort.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Those damn ladies hygiene commercials that come on talking about it itching and being smelly. They only come on when I'm either about to eat or about to get some. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Those damn ladies hygiene commercials that come on talking about it itching and being smelly. They only come on when I'm either about to eat or about to get some. :rolleyes:
:thumbsup: :agree:
:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:
Other than limp dicks, you never hear a commercial for a guy's crotch rot! :thumbsup: No reason for us to have to listen and watch commercials for woman's personal issues! :thumbsup:

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
"I am in a hurry to get this product. Is there anything you can do to speed this up?"

"You could pay for UPS Red Shipping. You will see parts within a week."

"I'm not willing to pay extra."

:WTF

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
when somebody gets off a stair machine/treadmill, etc that sweats all over it like a stuffed pig on on spit and just walks away with out wiping it down.

·
DC crew
4,102 Posts

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
:thumbsup: :agree:
:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:
Other than limp dicks, you never hear a commercial for a guy's crotch rot! :thumbsup: No reason for us to have to listen and watch commercials for woman's personal issues! :thumbsup:
Yea! I'd like to hear about some crotch rot remedies every once in a while! Haven't seen it since I left the jungles but a refresher course would be good every now and then.

Those damn "viva no boner" commercials are wearing me raw.

61 - 80 of 82 Posts