Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

61 - 80 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Kinda funny....I haven't seen anything about the JSB ZR1 being a "sissy car" color.;) Yaw, I know, blue cars are for girls, but I think that this BLUE car may just work for the guys too!:cheers: :cheers:

Proud owner of a "sissy-car";)

·
Registered
525 Posts
Did anyone notice in picture 32 there is a power seat on the passenger side.

You don't get that on a Z06 even with the 2LZ. I was told the motor adds weight like the power hatch pull down that you can't get on a Z06 also.

That seat looks like the 3LZ that will be on a Z06 when GM finally gets it into production, but I have a 2008 catalog and nowhere does it talk about a power seat for the 3LZ package.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Love it....Thanks Patrick for the pics.
I can't wait to see how it performs on the track...:partyon: ....:cheers:

·
Registered
13 Posts
BLUE:

Anyone else curious about that blue? It's supposedly Jetstream Blue, but it looks different than what I've seen before. Did they change it, or is my monitor just happier that it's on a ZR1?

I hated JSB, but now I'm not sure... still like LMB better, though.

Comments from anyone that has a JSB car, or has at least seen one?

ZR1 BADGES:

Those badges really suck. How lame can you get. But then, if they were cast like the Z06 ones, I suppose the extra turbulence might slow the car down.

n.b. - Z06 owners take note - remove your badges and finally get to that elusive 200 MPH!

Or maybe they have the same adhesive as the early Z06 roof panels, and they were flying off at 214 MPH, so they had to make them thinner...

Also might increase the price. As if anyone would notice...

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've just found another reason to try and get a good job once I'm out of college... :thumbsup:

Anyone else think that mentioning the speedo in kmh in a press release is more aimed at luxury automakers than customers (here or overseas)? I don't even believe GM is really trying to convert any european car lovers (won't happen anyway, the stubborn pricks). I think GM is trying to get the attention of a few companies you could probably guess the names of by saying that there's now an acceptable, American alternative.

By the looks of the comment concerning Porsche, Lambo, etc. I think GM is trying to give the Germans and Italians, among others, a scare. What's even better is the fact that this time the threat to premium automakers isn't *mostly* just talk (as in the case of Lutz's argument for the new malibu being the second coming of christ). What can I say, I love having the Vette as the figurehead of my brand, it's a good day to be a Chevy guy :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
BLUE:

Anyone else curious about that blue? It's supposedly Jetstream Blue, but it looks different than what I've seen before. Did they change it, or is my monitor just happier that it's on a ZR1?

Hi xtech,

I find that the "blue" (JSB) changes depending on the direction of light, time of day, sunny, partly cloudy, full overcast, etc. With the colored clearcoat it seems to have several options for color at any given time. Mine has even been closer to "teal" in the right light conditions. (See my Avatar). Hope this helps. I am sure that it is a true JSB car you are seeing with the ZR1.

·
Registered
823 Posts
BLUE:

Hi xtech,

I find that the "blue" (JSB) changes depending on the direction of light, time of day, sunny, partly cloudy, full overcast, etc. With the colored clearcoat it seems to have several options for color at any given time. Mine has even been closer to "teal" in the right light conditions. Hope this helps. I am sure that it is a true JSB car you are seeing with the ZR1.
:agree:

·
Registered
13 Posts
BLUE:

Hi xtech,

I find that the "blue" (JSB) changes depending on the direction of light, time of day, sunny, partly cloudy, full overcast, etc. With the colored clearcoat it seems to have several options for color at any given time. Mine has even been closer to "teal" in the right light conditions. (See my Avatar). Hope this helps. I am sure that it is a true JSB car you are seeing with the ZR1.

I haven't seen JSB in the flesh yet, but every pic I've seen of JSB cars looks about like your avatar - somewhere between Turquoise and Teal. I don't see that in any of the various pics of the ZR1, regardless of the viewing angle. They all look Blue to me. Almost Electron Blue. I don't see a hint of Teal anywhere.

Guess I'll have to wait till I see one in person. In all deference to your choice, I'm not going to spend $100+ on a car to have it show up in Teal...

IMHO, the CF only seems to go with the dark gray. Might be OK on black, and would probably look cool against LMB, but it looks out of place on the lighter colors.

I sort of like yellow, but then I would have to paint the CF, which would be a shame after all the $ they apparently spent to make it shiny.

If the car's a darker color, maybe the CF won't look quite so much like GM found some stick on chin spoilers in the Cobalt SS bin.

·
Registered
823 Posts
I sort of like yellow, but then I would have to paint the CF, which would be a shame after all the $ they apparently spent to make it shiny.

The Autoweek magazine that came today had the ZR1 on the cover, and a story on it.

One interesting thing they noted is that the special sealant GM uses to keep the CF from discoloring with UV exposure is $60,000.00 a gallon....

:thud:

·
Registered
13 Posts
The Autoweek magazine that came today had the ZR1 on the cover, and a story on it.

One interesting thing they noted is that the special sealant GM uses to keep the CF from discoloring with UV exposure is $60,000.00 a gallon....

How did Autoweek get pics if GM only released them yesterday?

·
Registered
13 Posts

Better not hit any speed bumps with that spoiler - they might write the car off if they have to repaint it.

·
Banned
329 Posts
I expected more weight than the Z06, but 3,350 !!?? I'm shocked.

Can't wait to sift through the performance data.

That dark gray looks great with the contrasting blue.

HATE the bare CF roof and bow. REALY, REALY HATE it. Reminds of High School kids' hoods on ricers.

Interior looks pretty generic.

Not overwhelmed at this point.:(
:agree: the interior is pretty bland.....doesn't match the rest of the car. Like the cf bodywork though

·
Registered
21 Posts

the grey looks awesome, dont mind the blue either tho, kinda cool that it matches all ofthe ZR1 emblems on the car
i dont think the weight is an issue because i have a feeling that 620hp is a little underrated... anyone else think so?

·
Registered
823 Posts
How did Autoweek get pics if GM only released them yesterday?
I was wondering that myself...it was in my mailbox about 12 hours after GM's release time of 12:01 a.m. EST 12/20. I know that organizations had the materials in advance of the release date, but the magazines were obviously mailed (and hence in the public) before the release date & time...

:WTF

·
Registered
7 Posts
I expected more weight than the Z06, but 3,350 !!?? I'm shocked.

Can't wait to sift through the performance data.

That dark gray looks great with the contrasting blue.

HATE the bare CF roof and bow. REALY, REALY HATE it. Reminds of High School kids' hoods on ricers.

Interior looks pretty generic.

Not overwhelmed at this point.:(
:agree: I so agree with you. The new ZR1 looks ricey. Like they took a Z06 and added a cheap kit to it. A H/C exhaust and tune in the Z, look out ZR1

61 - 80 of 112 Posts