Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was amazed on how hard it was to find tires for my stock 15-inch rims. Not a whole lot of options out there anymore if you want 15s with raise white letters.

Firestone and Goodyear are phasing out the Firehawk and Eagle GT II series in 15-inch size. So if you want those brands you'll have to search a bit for them.

From what I understand, the remaining easy to find (that have the classic raised white letters) tire brands are:

Cooper Cobra Radial GTs
Mickey Thompson Sportsman ST
BF Goodrich Radial TAs

Couple more brands out there but they are blackwall tires.

I think I found the last set of Firestone Firehawk Indy 500s on the planet:smack.....

275/60s on the rear and 255/60s up front.

This shot shows the old 225/70/15 next to the new installed 275/60/15. The 275s are about 1.5 inches wider. Side by side you can't really tell a difference....but when they are installed and on the 275s really give it a mean stance.

This is the old tire on:

Some people have noted they didn't have to move the parking brake bracket to get the 275s on the rear. I had to. You can see it on top of the trailing arm now.

·
Premium Member
1,879 Posts
Nice! I love the stock rims and wish they had that style in a 17 or 18 so we can take advantage of the larger tires. Now we need to see some burnouts to break them in.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Good choice man. Looks great!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!:thud:

Was going to take the new skins for a trip today but when I was looking at things under the lift just now I noticed a pretty good leak in the front right brake caliper. After taking the caliper off I could see one of the seals failed......SOB!

Guess I've got a piston seal job in line for Saturday.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts