Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone photoshop my C5 in C7 Shark Grey with full length bright orange racing stripes and another with full length racing stripes?

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you see, every show/track day I go to almost all the 'vettes are red....I love red but I am tired of looking like everyone else....I can get a complete, high quality paint job with color change for about $1200 if I help with the prep work....

I kinda wanna keep part of it red, but a red that is so bright it hurts your eyes when you look at it. Maybe that C7 Shark Grey with stupid bright red C7 style stripes....

·
Premium Member
4,728 Posts
i can smack talk if it'll grease the wheels between us. but i only have a 376 @ 9.0:1 with a .551 lift cam. i really don't have anything for a 402 @ 11.5:1 with a .621 lift cam. i sacrificed compression ratio for boost potential and i could never see running .621 lift in a street car. though i bet that cam breathes REAL well.

...and my block weighs 88lbs more than an ls block. only downside to lsx swap. the supercharger is also gonna add a bunch of weight

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The cam breathes quite well, however the exhaust is the restriction now....waiting to decide if I go TT before I upgrade the exhaust. I mean, who tries (and comes close) to 500rwhp NA with a 2.5" exhaust and budget header collectors lol.

If I stay NA I will upgrade from my 1 3/4 LG Street series with 2.5" x pipe and exhaust to either Kooks or LG 1 7/8 headers with race collectors and 3" x-pipe and LG Big 3 3" exhaust. swapping the exhaust will put me over 500rwhp NA with ease...my goal NA is to make 540rwhp - the same as the ZR1 puts to the wheels boosted. If I swap intakes and cam I will easily hit that with the upgraded exhaust.

·
Premium Member
4,728 Posts
your doing so well without the exhaust upgrades because of that 115 lsa. 4 stroke engines that don't have a lot of overlap are more tolerant to exhaust backpressure. i had a c6 on the dyno doing 606 at the rear wheels with arh exhaust with high flow cats, magna flow mufflers 2.5 in pipe and 1 7/8 longtubes. over 500 at the wheels n/a is outstanding. for the $2,000 arh makes a nice set of 2" longtubes. i bet those would do our ls3 heads some justice. but dammit are they expensive. by the way, have you seen how i modified my arh headers to get rid of those nasty emission ports??? what the pic doesn't show is that i put threads in the pipe to screw the bolts into. then i marked, removed and cut bolts so they didnt stick in exhaust stream at all. then i mixed up a little j.b. quick and used it as threadlocker so there will be no tiny exhaust leaks or anything. i believe the bolts were 3/8 - 16 i think that tap worked well for the i.d. of the tube leading off the primary

Attachments

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am just going to order mine without the AIR ports to begin with. Assuming I stay NA I will probably look to move up to a larger cam and a Super Vic intake - unless the MSD or FAST with new runners proves to be a good upgrade over the LS3 OEM intake.

·
Premium Member
4,728 Posts
a couple days ago the guys at mustang specialties had an old Camaro with a twin turbo lq motor in it. it wasn't the prettiest install under the hood. and couldn't get any info on the build but i watched them make a pull close to 900hp. it had a fast intake but it was a truck intake. so tall vs. what i am used to on the vettes. it was an old 68 or 69 Camaro and i got to help them with hptuners. at my job we are perfectionists. we could never sacrifice appearance for power or comfort for speed. we need power and speed, but we also need appearance and comfort. here is an old Camaro we did...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,728 Posts
and this is the school my job sent me to between 4 and 5 years ago now to learn how to correctly and accurately tune the c5 and c6 corvettes...

Attachments

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The FAST truck intakes make more power than the FAST car intakes. The huge increase in plenum volume....

I like it to look pretty, but I won't add parts just to that effect. I can't stand all that frilly trim people put in Corvette engine compartments.

·
Banned
6,799 Posts
Maybe you can work with Autowiz Hardcore.
If you do Twin Turbo your Combo won't be easy to tune with 11.0-11.5 :1 static compression .
Different or custom cam ground.
Have to bleed off a lot of cylinder pressure intentional.
118-124 lobe centerlines a rough estimation now no computer checking.

Or teardown and install custom dished pistons.

When is Drag Week ?
Took a look and no date announced yet on Hotrods site.
Last year was the 1st week of September .
Gives you 5 months to do all.
Have to cage it rollbar & meet all NHRA SFI SAFETY SPECS.

·
Banned
6,799 Posts
Super radical race cams not wise .
You have to run 1000 miles. Run at all tracks full bore each day.
Valvesprings must last.
Radical roller cams hard on roller lifters.
You don't have Titanium valves. They add lots of RACE Reliability .
And Super Top End Charge with Right Hardware intact.

·
Premium Member
4,728 Posts
same here. no extras added. just a clean install. here is a 78 pace car i restored. complete frame off. this is my exhaust. my bends my welds.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,728 Posts
that is my world. street cars. and heavy on the c3 resto and resto-mods. gotta be pretty gotta perform and gotta last but not all out speed and balls to the wall performance at all costs. here is my job's facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/CorvetteExperts?pnref=lhc . we usually post up stuff we are doing. this is the best way to show you my work. i just got no track time.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts