Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being that I'm a computer caveman, I need some help. I hack on a computer at work most of the day for my job and know those programs inside and out (Excel, Word, our CMMS system, Accounting package, etc) , but other stuff I know very little about.

The question is what do you use to "doctor" pictures? I see Photoshop memtioned frequently. Is this user friendly? Easy to learn? Worth the money? Are there any that are better?

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
Torch Red 2K said:
Being that I'm a computer caveman, I need some help. I hack on a computer at work most of the day for my job and know those programs inside and out (Excel, Word, our CMMS system, Accounting package, etc) , but other stuff I know very little about.

The question is what do you use to "doctor" pictures? I see Photoshop memtioned frequently. Is this user friendly? Easy to learn? Worth the money? Are there any that are better?
I use Paint Shop Pro. But, much like a brush and paints don't make someone an artist, photo editing software is the same thing.

Try the 30 day eval of Paint Shop Pro. See if you can get the hang of it. I've been using it for 5 years, so I don't even have to think while using it. But, you have to start somewhere! :cheers:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Just like anything else. The more you do it the better you get.

·
DC Crew
3,723 Posts
I use Photoshop at my office and Corel Photopaint at home. Both will do the job, but such operations such as duplication (while creating a new layer) and copying from one file to another to name only a few, are much simpler in PShop. It's not hard to use, but I learn/discover new things about it nearly every day. It is worth the money, but I honestly haven't heard what it's going for these days. However, if you're just going to use it for painting, a more cost effective program is probably out there.

For image manipulation, the Adobe suite is becoming (if it hasn't already) the graphics industry standard.

I'm not familiar with Paint Shop Pro, but Patrick obviously gets great results with it. But as he wrote, any of these just take practice to get better. That, and copious amounts of RAM!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have both Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro and have found Paint Shop to be much easier for plucking somebody out of one picture and putting them in another. I have seen some amazing things done with Photoshop but I'm just not that advanced yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts