Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Good looking 81 you have there. Can tell you take good care of it. I really like how the spoilers look on the 80-82. Thanks for posting the pics 81.:thumbsup:

·
Banned
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sadly, it doesn't look quite like that anymore, but thanks for the nice comments everyone.

Some dude pulled out in front of me today on my way home from work. The front left corner is a bit torn up. The drivers side headlight has a nice tear in it. The bumper is beat up and there are a few small cracks in teh fiber glass around the headlight and the drivers side front wheel well.

On a scale of 1-10, i would rate the damage at 2.2

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
81 Corvette said:
Sadly, it doesn't look quite like that anymore, but thanks for the nice comments everyone.

Some dude pulled out in front of me today on my way home from work. The front left corner is a bit torn up. The drivers side headlight has a nice tear in it. The bumper is beat up and there are a few small cracks in teh fiber glass around the headlight and the drivers side front wheel well.

On a scale of 1-10, i would rate the damage at 2.2
:surprised :surprised :surprised :surprised

What the hell happened?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Oh man!:surprised Very sorry to hear that news. I know how you must feel. A drunk driving a P.O.S Cadillac rear ended my 58 years ago. If you check with a local Vette club, they usually know who does the best repair work. White is usually an easy color match.

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
hey 81 vette good to see you here, where in ohio are you from?

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
westerville is on the NE side of columbus :D glad to see some more members from ohio on the board :D

·
Banned
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Did you go the Bob show just south of columbus last year. Dang, i forget the name of the town other than it starts with a C and its on 33 south of columbus.

here are a couple of pics of how she looks now.

Looks like it was punched in the eye.

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
81 Corvette said:
Did you go the Bob show just south of columbus last year. Dang, i forget the name of the town other than it starts with a C and its on 33 south of columbus.
nope i haven't been able to make it to the Bob McDorman show in a couple of years..its always right after i start back to classes at Eastern Kentucky University...I may try and come up for the show this year but i'm not sure yet...

PS the town is Canal Winchester

·
Banned
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ragvette said:
81 Corvette, that really bites. Any estimates on repair?

Your plate is :thumbsup:
Thanks on the plate.

The first estitmate is $2,400. I fully expect it to be over $3,000 when its all said and done.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts