Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you get your hands on the December 2010 issue of Corvette Enthusiast check out the picture of my engine and a note to the editor on page 10. Earlier this year they ran a 3 part engine build article series for the Bruiser project that convinced me to build one of my own. 555 cu in of pure driving pleasure. I've got about 1700 miles on it now and it rocks! Needless to say I was thrilled to see they printed it.

This is the photo they used in case you don't see the magazine:

:cheers:

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Very nice indeed.
Congrats :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
That sucker looks purty! It must be fun to drive! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Congrats Ray! Your engine looks OUTSTANDING.....1700 miles already eh? Dang you been driving that sucker.....that's awesome.... Did it stay cool for you during the summer? You been beating on it any yet?:D

·
Premium Member
10,260 Posts
:surprised that thing is gorgeous!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the compliments guys!

AJ-
Yes I built it to dirive it ,so I've been trying to get some miles on it before the snow flies and the next phase project starts.... and yes some of those most recent miles have been getting into to pretty well. I just read your post on your Super 10 bolt update, man does it look good. I talked with Gary (GTR1999) earlier this week about doing a 12 bolt for me, and we have a tenative meeting date next week to discuss further when I'm out there.

Jotto-
I did make some changes to the article's build plan with things like Brodix Race Rite heads, Custom Carb Shop 950CFM carb, Eagle forged rotating assembly & Mahle forged pistons, used the hydraulic roller set up for reliability. I have not dyno'd it yet but I'm pretty sure I made my target of 650 HP min at the flywheel.

If this works you should have access to my build details below in a pdf file:

:cheers:

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts