Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pics of the new parallel flow condenser I installed a little while ago. These new-style condensers are much more efficient than the stock "serpentine" style. I bought a universal one and welded mounting tabs to the 4 corners and used wiper motor rubber mounts. Even though it looks like it in the pic, no metal part of the condenser touches the core support.

A local shop made the custom hardlines to connect the condenser to the drier & compressor.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Very Nice, thats one of the things on my list to do while I am putting mine back together

·
Registered
512 Posts
I ordered a new parallel flow condenser and, because of its width, I have to get 90 degree fittings to go through the the radiator support. By 90 degree I mean, not a tubing elbow, I don't have room for that. I sure would like to find some fittings that are more of a block with 90 degree connections.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you noticed an improvement in cooling? Or does the compressor just run less?
I noticed it blows cool air faster after I turn it on. Also saw a big drop in high side pressure. Before I would see 300 PSI on a 85F day, idling in the garage. Now it's just below 200 PSI.

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
I noticed it blows cool air faster after I turn it on. Also saw a big drop in high side pressure. Before I would see 300 PSI on a 85F day, idling in the garage. Now it's just below 200 PSI.

Which really is a standard 'hi efficiency' a/c design...super large efficient condensor, and so the head pressures are greatly reduced....

take a 3 ton compressor and put a 5 ton condesnsor coil on it, and watch the power consumption go down....

need have a decent airflow too, of course....

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
That's why they're called "Lady Vettes"

Soft suspension, power everything, automatic, and A/C.

:thud:

·
Registered
910 Posts
Which really is a standard 'hi efficiency' a/c design...super large efficient condensor, and so the head pressures are greatly reduced....

take a 3 ton compressor and put a 5 ton condesnsor coil on it, and watch the power consumption go down....

need have a decent airflow too, of course....
I converted the ac at home to heat the spa and dropped the condensing unit draw by 2 full amps.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts