Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
9:30AM this morning I was at Matson....6 weeks of excruciating waiting turned into pure happiness when they pulled her up! She was dirty, real dirty. Fortunately no scratches except for some hairlines from someone getting in & out and scratching the jamb with their shoes......Aside from these scratches, there were a few more miles on her than I was promised, and both front signal lenses were cracked, possibly from them ratcheting her down too tight. Oh well, I'll get her fixed up soon enough!

Got home at 10:30PM, washed and vacuumed her. I also installed the first of the mods....PERFORMANCE HOOD SEAL! Oh yeah....LOL. This weekend the rest of the stuff in the sig will go on.....I'll post pics soon!

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Congratulation. I'm jealous. :) :)

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
Good times....
Have you ever driven a club members C5/Z06.?
Did you buy this car sight-unseen?
Pictures please.I'm going to check out Dirty_Reds car soon.Hes new to the islands.
You may have to take friday off Dave.:excited:

·
Registered
4,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. I drove several Z06's before from 2001 till now. I did work on No Mercy's Z07 when it was here and had many opportunities to experience it at 100%....I knew the Z06 was the car I wanted as soon as I heard rumors of it back in 1999-2000. I never thought I'd get one so soon, but I ain't complaining.:D

I took off the most of the week this week, so I'll be working on it...pics to follow!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
EFI-1 said:
I did work on No Mercy's Z07 when it was here and had many opportunities to experience it at 100%....
That would be sweet,Iv'e rode in a high 10 second car before,but never a 9 second car.:surprised

·
Registered
0 Posts
EFI-1 said:
Thanks guys. I drove several Z06's before from 2001 till now. I did work on No Mercy's Z07 when it was here and had many opportunities to experience it at 100%
I have video of that car...Ohh my god its awsome! Just the sound is amazing!:surprised Congrats on the new ride!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Dave,
are you going to the track friday night to get a base line time on the car.?

·
Registered
4,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hawaii-5-lo said:
Dave,
are you going to the track friday night to get a base line time on the car.?
Not just yet...still working on the break in (500mi). Following the break in, I'm switching out the oil to redline 10-w30, and then at 1000mi, I'll be switching all of the tranny/diff fluid out to Amsoil or Redline.....then I hit the track & dyno for baselines. Only problem is by then, I'll have the bullets, and TRAP on the car already.....oh well.

·
DC Crew
4,825 Posts
Congrats on the Z! How long until you post the pics?

·
Extra Crispy
5,119 Posts
Congrats :cheers:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts