Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm thinking of adding a FM modulated cd changer to my 93 (with Bose). Tips and Pics would be great. Also what brand/model would work best without breaking the bank. Thanks in advance. I'm spending my holiday money early. :partyon:

·
DC Crew
4,823 Posts
I bought a JVC changer on Ebay for about $120.00 shipped. The installation is pretty easy as you only need to run a power cable, ground and remote switch and then the connector to the antenna. It took me about 3-4 hours, since I also changed all of the Bose speakers and replaced them with aftermarket.

If interested let me know and I'll snap a couple of pics when I get home tonight.

Joe

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd like to see the pics. I want to make sure which ever model I buy, will fit in the compartment behind the passenger seat.

·
DC Crew
4,823 Posts
Here are the pics:

Dash

CD changer in the back, it is possible to mount it in the storage compartment, but that's where I had the last one and it was a pain in the butt to change CD's.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice install!! Where did you get the kit to install the head unit? Did you have to alter the dash at all? BTW 6 spds rock :partyon:

·
DC Crew
4,823 Posts
I can't remember where I bought that dash kit, I had the metra kit initially (still have it in the garage) it centered the radio in the opening, this one is allows you to mount two DIN sized units or a DIN size with the pocket.

I'll check around and see if I can find it online.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have an 87 with the bose system that has only the radio operating for now. I want to install an aftermarket cd player and replace the speakers with aftermarket speakers. I understand that I would need to make some brackets for the dash and doors speakers but my main concern is if I would have to rewire the whole car, or the aftermarket cd with the proper adaptor would connect fine and the aftermarket speakers are going to be playing ok connected to the factory stereo harness? Has anybody done that? :huh:

·
Registered
257 Posts
Not sure of the set up being that it was in the car when I got it. But here is what is in my convert.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts