Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently upgraded from my 76mm rear-mount turbo to a bigger 88mm and a larger front-mount intercooler . The motor is a Cartek 427cid , I also installed an RPM 4L80E trans conversion . My best ET on the old 76mm with a Cartek 388cid was 9.33 at 149 ,driven to and from the track on drag radials , car is going to be tuned by Cartek soon . Here's some pics

·
Registered
95 Posts
That is some sick setup.
So to get it staight the blowoff is exiting on the four exhaust tips? and the main
exhaust is dumped into the drivers rear fender?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Set my PC background to that setup. That is sick:thumbsup: Do you have any videos?

·
...twisting your mind and smashing your dreams.
9,389 Posts
:surprised :surprised :surprised :surprised holy crap!:surprised :surprised :surprised :surprised

HOW FREAKIN COOL IS THAT!:partyon:

Got any more pics from the back, of that lower rear fascia? Is that all stainless steel?:surprised

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is some sick setup.
So to get it staight the blowoff is exiting on the four exhaust tips? and the main
exhaust is dumped into the drivers rear fender?
The wastegate is venting through the tips , turbo exhaust dumps through a 5-inch Burns stainless muffler out the drivers side rear of car .

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
911 Posts
HOLY CRAP:thud:

Un-freakin-believable. You sir, have one kick ass car.:partyon: :partyon: :partyon: :partyon: :partyon: :partyon: :partyon: :partyon:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
A wheels up launch .

·
Registered
99 Posts
That car is insane. :partyon:

·
Supporting Vendor
825 Posts
That is one stout C5. Congratulations!!!! :thumbsup:
Those 60' times with stickies are spectacular with a Vette's IRS
What rear gear ratio you are running ?

.....If I tried to launch like that ,my rear case would probably split in half.

I spoke with Cartek a while back and they suggested I exchange my C6 rear for a C5 unit because they're a bit stronger. I really did not want to do that (too much cutting/hacking to fit it in).
I do have to say, yours looks like it handles the punishment you are giving it with those tires... :devil:

I'm waiting for the cast steel rear case to come out before I try a launch like that .:cheers:

Enjoy that beast and be safe

kicka$$ videos..................

·
Mo-Fo
7,509 Posts
:surprised :surprised :surprised :surprised holy crap!:surprised :surprised :surprised :surprised

HOW FREAKIN COOL IS THAT!:partyon:

Got any more pics from the back, of that lower rear fascia? Is that all stainless steel?:surprised
I AGREE! That is sweeeeet! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Such a sweet ride....:hump:

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Ok... you take the cake with the baddest C5 on here:partyon: :partyon:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts