Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are my new wheels that I test fitted tonight!!! and specs....

Bonspeed Huntington Satin Finish Face
Front 18x8 BS 4.0" 245/45/18 26.7" rolling diameter
Rear 18x10 BS 5.5" 275/40/18 26.7" rolling diameter

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Front tire clearance
[/IMG]
more front tire clearance
[/IMG]
1 more front tire clearance
[/IMG]
and another :D
[/IMG]
and finally last pic
[/IMG]

Please note that the camera angle can be decieving on how much clearance I got but I to have plenty of clearance as the last thing I want is to rip up my fenders

All came out great with clearances, etc. I am only test fitting these as I am waiting for some more Zaino to arrive to finish protecting them (there only this clean once) and also hubcentric rings to make sure they are centered to reduce any possible vibration issues. I must say that I can't imagine going with any larger wheel/tire combo on the rear without adding fender flares or modifying the frame as it is very close to one spot on the frame in the rear just above the trailing arm pocket. The fronts really surprised me with how much room I have. Its sometimes not easy to take the pic at the right angle but I have at least a 1/4" clearance around the front from full turn to full turn then again I was running 255/60/15's front with no problems.

btw...I don't have a rear sway bar as I went recently with a dual mount rear spring just in case anybody is interested.

·
DC Pit Crew Boss
4,165 Posts
Very sharp, I haven't seen those wheels before on a vette. Looking good:thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
4,751 Posts
Oh man! Those look beyond wicked.

It is amazing how the right wheel and tire package can transform a car from just another pretty face, to something you can't get out of your head.

Very nice selection.

:partyon:

·
Registered
677 Posts
I like the rims but I dont like that big of a rim on that old of a car. just me..

·
Registered
658 Posts
That Is Nice..........................

·
Registered
377 Posts
wow :surprised

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Not to offend as they are clean looking and a nice fit but those sure look like a life size Hotwheel wheel.

·
Registered
622 Posts
WAYYYYY sweet.... :smokin:

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow!!! Thanks for all the compliments. Funny how this thread has came to life again. No problemo on the hot wheels car....I can't help it if Hot Wheels copies my style.

Here are a few more pics...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Man...if that dont make your little one puffy then you aint alive!:smack Is there a thread on how to get that stance? Suspension parts list?Beautiful car!:cheers:

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Beautiful car!:cheers:
No kidding it is a beautiful car. :agree: I like the fact that the wheels aren't bling bling to death. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sweet Rims

Now that you have had them for a while do you still love them. Any rubbing issues under hard cornering? Also where did you purchase them?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts