Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my windows tinted earlier this week. After getting some Texas sun for a few days, the tint has dried out nicely and looks great. I got 20% on the sides, and then 5% on the back and also for the eyebrow. Overall, gives the car a nice look. Just took some pics today. Let me know what you think. A buddy didn't quite like the eyebrow, thought it was too low.

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
Looks great! :thumbsup:

Agree with your buddy regarding the eyebrow!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Looks great - how well did your tint guy get the 5 % to lay down over the black dots on the back window. I like the eyebrow. I will be tinting my Silver C6 in 2 weeks with 5% on sides, rear and the eyebrow. :partyon:

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Very nice.

What did that set you back? $$$

Did they do the rear window in one piece... or is it multiple pieces? :thumbsup:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, here in Texas, the "Man" prevents us from going darker than 20% on the sides. Actually my tint meters at nearly 17% right now. The back was done in one single peice. The dots were tricky, and look okay, I did my best to tweak the tint in that area during the day before the tint dried out. But those dots are pretty anoying, tint still looks good from a few feet away, but you can notice them close up. I can live with that little imperfection. I got the high performance metallica tint and the job set me back about $200. The rear window was a pain in the arse to tint because it curves so much. My guy fiddled with it for like 2 hours, making sure no wrinkles we left around the edges. Overall, I am happy with it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
99torchredvette said:
looks great, i was there at mother's window tint (had the black 06). I was happy with mine too, the guy did a great job ...
What a small world. I heard you drove down from Austin just to get the tint done at Mother's. Congrats on the new ride too.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
15 Posts
thanks, I just had got her last wednesday (19th) and had to come to SA for my brother's baby shower party. So I figured I would get them tinted before the party...

awesome looking car, my sister loves the DSOM vettes..

also, how do you like the 6spd auto? I almost ordered that but got the standard instead because I was getting the Z51 package

·
Super Moderator
10,093 Posts
Looks great! I've had tint on my vettes for 30 years here in So Cal.

However, I'm not an eyebrow man - each to his own.

:cheers:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
99torchredvette said:
thanks, I just had got her last wednesday (19th) and had to come to SA for my brother's baby shower party. So I figured I would get them tinted before the party...

awesome looking car, my sister loves the DSOM vettes..

also, how do you like the 6spd auto? I almost ordered that but got the standard instead because I was getting the Z51 package

I really like the 6spd auto. My previous car was an '03 Cobra with a 6spd and was my daily driver. When looking for a new car, I was leaning toward an auto because it will be a daily driver, and I hate shifting every 2 seconds while in stop and go rush hour traffic. I kinda have a taste of both worlds now, and I can still smoke the tires when I want to.:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts