Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This is Glen he used to race NASCAR back in the late 60s early 70s till he wrecked at pocono. He also used to prep and race C3s. So he was an interesting guy. Hard to read on the phone.

Leaving my parents house in sunny Canadice NY

This is a scenic overlook in Pennslyvania

My Vette at the Scenic Overlook

This is where I slept the night in Carlisle PA. I was dog tired come midnight so I stopped for the night drank a couple glasses of Guiness and went to bed.

MMMMMmmmmmm Breakfast. My points set up over the night so it didnt run well until I got on the highway. (My Second Favorite Picture)

Another scenic overlook near Charlottesville

Again, My vette at the scenic overlook. This overlook is weird, because there is another one about 2 miles down the road.(this is my favorite picture)

Safely home into its new house.

·
Premium Member
6,667 Posts
Nice looking 73 there. It looks like a good trip, I need one myself.:cheers:

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
My kind of man ... Got to love those Waffle Houses...:thumbsup:

Looks like a great road trip.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Driving at night is an unholy pain. I dont like it at all. But driving during the day was incredibly pleasant.

The suspension was a fat jiggler and it felt like I was driving a race car all day. Great fun.

·
Banned
1,311 Posts
Driving at night is an unholy pain. I dont like it at all. But driving during the day was incredibly pleasant.

The suspension was a fat jiggler and it felt like I was driving a race car all day. Great fun.

I thought it was just me that my eyes are overly sensitive to light. I don't mind night driving other than the oncoming headlights blind me because the car is so low. Is that what you're talking about.

It feels like a big accomplishment when you get home safely in a C3 after a long trip doesn't it. The whole driving experience is a rush of adrenelin thinking about everything that could go wrong or fall off of the car.:laughing:

·
Only green will do...
18,403 Posts
Nice vette and nice pictures thanks for posting good luck:thumbsup:

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I thought it was just me that my eyes are overly sensitive to light. I don't mind night driving other than the oncoming headlights blind me because the car is so low. Is that what you're talking about.

It feels like a big accomplishment when you get home safely in a C3 after a long trip doesn't it. The whole driving experience is a rush of adrenelin thinking about everything that could go wrong or fall off of the car.:laughing:
My steering was sloppy and the portion of the road at night was all construction with cement barriers on either side of the lane, so it was like the scene from the hunt for red october when they are in the big channels. Except that I was driving a vette in PA. that and I just find driving at night fatiguing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts