Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I almost wish these pipes came out the hood! The LG street header setup with metallic cats and x-pipe are sweet.... and only totalled $1095 with the DC discount!

As usual, the install was beyond my abilities (and tool collection) so it was off to the DC-Z's chief mechanic, AL from Brakes Plus (contact info in sig). He has a wicked ZR1... but also works on Vipers, Mustangs and <cough> I just saw a Porsche in the lot.

When we got to the shop and AL started removing parts at warp speed... faster than a chop shop... I said... hey, do you want the see the directions that came with first?

:laughing:

I just got "that look", and he proceeded to do the header install all while talking non-stop with a "donut man" accent. :laughing:

Hey AL, can I help? "Sure, you can sweep." :laughing:

·
Registered
740 Posts
Too cool dude!!! Those rock...can't wait until I can take the plunge.

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
They look awesome:cheers:

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Holy crap!! Those look great. The underside of the car is superclean as well.
You can't notice but there is probably another 10 lbs of salt under the car still. :laughing:

This is 7-months after the salt flats. :rolling:

It's everywhere man, still caked on the back of the brake calipers, and it's "up up" under the car in spots things shouldn't go, so I need to get the car on a lift AND power wash it. This has been a tough thing to arrange since they don't exactly have power wash places with lifts. :laughing:

·
Banned
622 Posts
looks sweet, I'll bet your ride sounds really sweet now. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Those look really sweet! Now with the extra money you saved on them you should buy a nice camera:laughing:

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The look great when do we get to hear them?
Right now I'm running thru the stock titanium mufflers, the BB bullets haven't gotten here yet. And, I am (of course) throwing the expected check engine light because of the possible (cough) lack of cat converters and O2 sensors if that kind of thing were to happen... and Jim Hall is going to re-do my tune.

(But yes, they sound freaking wicked. At idle, it's bad ass man because of the hotter cam in the Z06. Upon acceleration it's a more powerful sound, but not much louder than the stock manifolds until about 2500 rpm, then it's off-the-charts insane roaring/screaming and it sounds like you are tearing the road surface off and showering the cars behind you with rocks.) :surprised

Once the tune is done, I'll slap the bitch on the ass and have it all video'd so you can hear it and feel it! Not sure I want to get any more nutty until the tune. :D

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Really loud and 10,000 miles sounds like fun. What was that? I can't hear you? Why do you have a radio in this car anyway?:laughing:

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Those look hot! I might have to start saving my money.

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
Awesome,i remember getting mine out of the box,and did'nt know wheather to install them,or frame them and hang-um on the wall..

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Sweet Looking Headers. Post a sound clip when you get your pipes.

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Thanks again Patrick from all of us here at LG Motorsports for all of your work and your support.

Good Luck at the next event!

Please let us know if you need anything at all!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Caution: Car melts in Rain
4,151 Posts
what kind of coating do they have? they looks really nice. Did you have to take the coating off the area where the cats slide into place to prevent them from locking on? Oh btw change your sig

·
DC Crew
4,823 Posts
They look too good to be tucked under the car!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts