Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any place to get Dynomat cheap? Or... is there a cheaper alternative than Dynomat?

Thanks!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
245 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Speed Racer: I got the stuff but have not opened the package yet. In the process of moving so it will be a while longer. Will get back to ya though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Got mine from Ebay
:cheers:

·
Registered
965 Posts
I bought Reflectix from Lowes...a 2 sided aluminized insulation about 1/4" thick,thats going under my new carpet

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I use B-Quiet Brown Bread. I did everything in my car except the doors, and now I can hear how noisy my doors are, so I'm doing them this winter. Also, another way to reduce noise is take out the old crappy shredded cloth carpet underlay and replace it with the foam household stuff.

·
Registered
965 Posts
muddpile said:
I use B-Quiet Brown Bread. I did everything in my car except the doors, and now I can hear how noisy my doors are, so I'm doing them this winter. Also, another way to reduce noise is take out the old crappy shredded cloth carpet underlay and replace it with the foam household stuff.
I would think maybe that foam rubber would retain more moisture & maybe get mildewy.The stuff I'm using cant absorb:devil:

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
What stuff are you using? You say reflectix, but what is that exactly? Is that like that stuff the resembles bubble wrap with foil on either side that is used on water heaters and heat ducts, or is a styrofoam based product? As for mildew, the original stuff was horrid if it got wet, I know that for sure, I had a leaky hatch. This houshold stuff is no worse, and its not too expensive. If there is a better alternative that reduces noise as much, I am willing to try it. The stock stuff sucked.

·
Registered
965 Posts
muddpile said:
What stuff are you using? You say reflectix, but what is that exactly? Is that like that stuff the resembles bubble wrap with foil on either side that is used on water heaters and heat ducts, or is a styrofoam based product? As for mildew, the original stuff was horrid if it got wet, I know that for sure, I had a leaky hatch. This houshold stuff is no worse, and its not too expensive. If there is a better alternative that reduces noise as much, I am willing to try it. The stock stuff sucked.
Its silver colored aluminized stuff on both sides with some insulation in between.Its sealed except where you cut it,but you just seal that with aluminized tape where its cut & where its taped together.I've never used it before,but I've heard from a few guys on various corvette forums who have.The price looked good,so I thought I'd try it under the new front carpet I just got.We'll see I guess:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Let me know how it turns out! When it comes to sound deadening, I can never have enough in the corvette!

·
Registered
965 Posts
muddpile said:
Let me know how it turns out! When it comes to sound deadening, I can never have enough in the corvette!
When I got it I was thinking more of heat insulation.Now I'm putting in better speakers in back,as soon as I can get an idea for speaker boxes,so now I hope the stuff is good for sound insulation,too.When I get around to putting in the carpet,I'll try to remember to share my experience after initial testing impressions.:D :thumbsup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts