Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so from what i'm gathering, the l92 heads and the l76 intake only the LS2's can take it? well what if the LS1 guys bored the engine out to 4.00 inches and installed them. would that help at all? or have people already been doing that? i'm totally in the dark about this subject. and i also read that you could get close to 500 rwhp??? is this true or not?:lookinup: :cheers:

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
GMHTP magazine just did an article with a buildup on a 2002 TA with the L92/L76. The block was a 402 though. From what I understand , the heads won't mate to an LS1-LS6 block, but will the LS2-LS3. I'm getting the set up right now for my 06 vette. The total parts cost is less than $1600.00!!! Great deal.

·
DC Crew
4,751 Posts
I suppose you could bore your block over, but they do require a bigger bore.

I am putting the L92 on my 85 LS2 vette project after we get the LS2 up and running on the normal heads. We will be doing heads, intake, and cam shooting for 500 flywheel hp.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is there any way to get that sucker on the ls1?

·
Registered
337 Posts
is there any way to get that sucker on the ls1?
You will have to sleeve the LS1/LS6 to get a 4" or larger bore that is required for the L92 heads due to their 2.16" intake valve size

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
I suppose you could bore your block over, but they do require a bigger bore.

I am putting the L92 on my 85 LS2 vette project after we get the LS2 up and running on the normal heads. We will be doing heads, intake, and cam shooting for 500 flywheel hp.
Shouldn't be aproblem, I have 450 RWHP on my LS2 with the L92/L76 w/ Auto/6speed tranny.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm running an L92 (punched out to 416 cubes) with L92 heads and the L76 intake. My combo is SC'd but I hear the high compression N/A L92's can make well into the 500+ rwhp.

The guys at A&A Corvette (Andy Green and Charlie) love the new L92 pieces.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts