Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This damn car is being fussy again, when down shifting, slowing right down in 1st it just stalls out or stumbles really bad until you feather the throttle.
Few times today it just shut off when idling at a light, starts back up with the service soon light on.
The code that I pulled out was P 0372 timing ref A , too few pulses, low resolution pulses but no high resolution pulses. The last time this kinda shiat happened it was the opti, is it possible to go through an opti every 1.5 years????
Any advice would be great ... thanks:D

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
NeonLT-4 said:
This damn car is being fussy again, when down shifting, slowing right down in 1st it just stalls out or stumbles really bad until you feather the throttle.
Few times today it just shut off when idling at a light, starts back up with the service soon light on.
The code that I pulled out was P 0372 timing ref A , too few pulses, low resolution pulses but no high resolution pulses. The last time this kinda shiat happened it was the opti, is it possible to go through an opti every 1.5 years????
Other then the stalling... the motor runs great?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right, one other thing I forgot, has a miss under heavy load, not all the time, couple friends told me they can see black smoke from the tail pipes when i punch it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sounds a lot like the Opti, especially given the code you have. I'd clean the connector that plugs into the top passenger side of the opti to see if that helps before putting on a new one. I'm not sure exactly when, but GM did release a new p/n for the wiring harness in question.

·
Registered
64 Posts
NeonLT-4 said:
Check my thread from a few weeks ago. "My Ruby Wont Start". I think its now on page 4 in this forum. I highly recommend you check your ignition control module before getting the big wrenches out. The symptoms sound similar but the fix is a breeze. Good luck.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the link , thinking the same, when my opti went it was a real different chain of events, this time it heitates really bad under hard acceleration and every now and then the idle just dives and the car dies or if i'm quick enough it'll stay alive.
The check engine light comes and goes as well. Once again thanks and take care.....:partyon:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts