Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got an email from mid America motor works and i would like to spread the news

Dear Corvette Friends,

Join Mid America Motorworks in supporting Illinois legislation to allow Corvettes to display a rear license plate only! This is our opportunity to make our voices heard. Contact your State Representatives and State Senators today! Request their "YES" vote on allowing Corvette owners to legally display a single license plate on the rear of their vehicle.

We are providing the links below so you can conveniently reach your state elected officials immediately.

*Refer to House Bill #1053

http://www.elections.il.gov/DistrictLocator/AddressSearch.aspx
http://www.ilga.gov/senate/default.asp
http://www.ilga.gov/house/default.asp

Hugs,

Mike Yager
Chief Cheerleader
Mid America Motorworks

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Yup

That is one ticket that i am taking for the team.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
943 Posts
It's law here that you have to run a front plate. I don't bother they have only ever seen the back anyways. 'Cept for that MP kid "Know why I pulled you over SSgt?" "I was doing 62? :D " ":laughing: I had to break 75 to keep you in sight and you spun the rears 3 times." "Oh got allitle carried away."
I showed him under the hood too.

BUT I hope you all the best over there. IMO front plates are worthless for anything. I'd like to know the reason behind "making" people run front plates.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Here in Oregon it's the law and the troopers point there lazer at the plate and see it in there camera and snap they have your speed and plate in one photo.:nuts:

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
I have a ? I live in Wisconsin and work in Illinois. Wis. has to run a front plate and so does Illinois. Can I be ticketed in Illinois for not having a front plate?

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Does this law allow only corvettes to display 1 plate or all cars? I couldnt find the text of the bill.

Tickets for not having a front plate have been factored into the expense of owning my corvette. It would be nice to not worry about that.

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Does this law allow only corvettes to display 1 plate or all cars? I couldnt find the text of the bill.

Tickets for not having a front plate have been factored into the expense of owning my corvette. It would be nice to not worry about that.
the email stated only corvettes but nothing about other cars

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
It seems very odd to only include corvettes into the law. Other than googling the resolution number does anyone have the ability to find the actual text? Im curious.

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It seems very odd to only include corvettes into the law. Other than googling the resolution number does anyone have the ability to find the actual text? Im curious.
i totally understand

but if it is im all for it:D

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I doubt that they would pass any law specific to a particular car model, i.e. Corvette. It would be nice to see all states get rid of the front plate. Even on non-Vettes, I think the front plate is useless.

I used to live in Illinois and did not run a front plate on my vette the 6 months I owned it up there. It was mostly during the winter and garaged, so no problems.

Love living in Florida, no front plate and window tint is legal! :partyon:

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Double check that HB#.

Here's HB1053
http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/grplist.asp?num1=1001&num2=1100&DocTypeID=HB&GA=95&SessionId=51

95TH GENERAL ASSEMBLY
State of Illinois
2007 and 2008HB1053

Introduced 2/8/2007, by Rep. Daniel J. Burke

SYNOPSIS AS INTRODUCED:

50 ILCS 310/7 from Ch. 85, par. 707

Amends the Governmental Account Audit Act. Makes a technical change in a Section concerning reports to the Comptroller.

LRB095 10293 HLH 30508 b

A BILL FOR

HB1053 LRB095 10293 HLH 30508 b

1 AN ACT concerning local government.

2 Be it enacted by the People of the State of Illinois,
3 represented in the General Assembly:

4 Section 5. The Governmental Account Audit Act is amended by
5 changing Section 7 as follows:

6 (50 ILCS 310/7) (from Ch. 85, par. 707)
7 Sec. 7. The The report filed with the Comptroller, together
8 with any accompanying comment or explanation, immediately
9 becomes part of his public records and shall at all times
10 thereafter be open to public inspection.
11 (Source: P.A. 78-592.)

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
I give a crap what the state decides.

I ain't runnin' a front plate in Illinois. :partyon:
Your my hero Patrick:devil: screw the man:hump:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts