1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,544 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I see what you mean but some of there stuff is pretty good and if it breaks who cares it cost you peanuts...It might give it a try...Will let you guys know how it works :D

·
Premium Member
4,668 Posts
I have one. It's a mini glass bead machine and it works great. Just clean the plugs with the media and then give them a shot of air to blow off any nasties.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
:thumbsup: :D :thumbsup: :D :thumbsup:

I got Ivan one for Christmas several years back and he loves it. I did not get for $10.00 though, I do not remember for what. I know it has been worth it though!!!

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah Harbor Frieght has them on sale right now regular price at $17, its now on sale going for $9.99 :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
4,668 Posts
The exact same tool is $23.95 ar JC Whitney. It's a good deal.

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Its one of the most used tools in my shop. When tuning you can't put new plugs in every time you want to read them. But pop them in this little gizmo and they come out just like brand new. Takes about 15 sec a plug...

·
Registered
103 Posts
As a old timer I can tell you all the shops had a plug cleaner, they would clean the plugs in place of channging to new ones.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Is it really worth it? I mean if you are doing a lot of tuning and the plugs get fouled out, sure. For the most part, why not just dump them and get fresh plugs?

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is it really worth it? I mean if you are doing a lot of tuning and the plugs get fouled out, sure. For the most part, why not just dump them and get fresh plugs?
:agree:

True, but was thinking more on the lines of for the lawnmower, snow blower, chainsaw---clean the plugs every season

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just tried out the spark plug cleaner tool today. Man that thing is pretty awesome!...cleaned my lawnmower and snowblower plugs and it took the carbon right off....nice and clean :thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts