Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have ZR1-Style wheels, that are unpolished aluminum. I like the way they look when I polish them with Mothers aluminum polish. However there are a couple of areas that have waterspots on them and I can't get those off. Any ideas on how to remove those?

Thanks!! :)

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,567 Posts
If the wheels are clear coated, the spots are more than likely in the clear coat itself. If you wheels aren't coated, a little rubbing compound soft cloth and a lot of elbow grease should work

·
DC Crew
53,222 Posts
Torch Red 2K said:
If the wheels are clear coated, the spots are more than likely in the clear coat itself. If you wheels aren't coated, a little rubbing compound soft cloth and a lot of elbow grease should work
Try soft scrub.

·
Registered
93 Posts
You might also want to try Simichrome polish. I comes in a tube and doesn't take much. I used to us it years ago an some AP wheels I had on 2 different Camaros and it made them look like new.

Morgan

·
Registered
145 Posts
You might also try "Bar Keepers friend". I have found it to be THE best to the aluminum wheels on my old '79 (no clearcoat). It does not scratch and removes oxidation/discoloration like nothing else I've tried. Follow up with some Carnuba wax and smile!

Then...use the same to clean the soap scum from your shower. You will be amazed...gives me more time to drive the Vette and makes the wife SOOOO happy!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts