Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know fellow C5 owners/Z06 owners are thinking the same thing at this point.

Figure a C5 Z06 can get anywhere from 25-34k used right?

How much will a new coupe be loaded? 53k? Financial situations aside its something I am going to check out!

I'm curious what other people think!

·
Banned
622 Posts
Do what patrick did keep the Z, and get the 08 to. HELL YA :thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
1,949 Posts
I thought about it but for me it does not make sense for a few reasons.

1) My car has only 6k miles and is in super mint condition.
2) For what I paid and what I would sell it for I would take a bath on it.
3) I am not too crazy about the C6 design unless it is the C6 ZO6!!

·
Super Moderator
4,944 Posts
This comes down to a matter of personal preference. I have personally driven two C6's and honestly prefer my C5Z. Now the 08 is going to be more car than the previous C6's, so it's a tough call.

Find a way to spend some quality time with a C6, then make your choice. Can't go wrong either way!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
The C5Z still gets a lot of attention. There just aren't that many around. Keep the Z and buy an extended warrenty.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
anyone want to cut me a deal on their c5 z06?
Mine's going on DuPont Registry in a few weeks, I'll cut you a deal. PM me if you're serious, or looking for something of this level. :cheers:

·
Registered
414 Posts
C5 Z all the way. My new Vette will be a 2010. 3 years to wait is worth it, for what I believe is coming out in 2010. :cheers:

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
01TexasC5

"C5 Z all the way. My new Vette will be a 2010. 3 years to wait is worth it, for what I believe is coming out in 2010. "

What do you believe for 2010? ;)

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
It all depends on your passion & your pocket book. We are the keeper's of the Corvette flame, by either trading up, or just adding to our collection. Repeat sales play a huge roll in the progression of the Corvette program.

·
Mo-Fo
7,509 Posts
I'm thinking of doing the same thing. Just depends on how much bump in price GM is looking for. I figure it's going to be in the upper 60's with the bigger engine, leather wrap int., wheels, standard On Star and Satellite radio. They're gonna bump it up pretty good. Plus they'll probably want more for that new blue paint. We'll see.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I faced much the same question and for the longest time I was thinking about getting a new C6Z. But then, after my 5 year warranty ran out last year, I started taking my car to the track and making modifications to it. Now I'm having more fun with my car than I've ever had so I've decided to keep it. The price difference between what I can sell my car for and how much a new C6Z would cost out the door is enough to keep me on the track a long time and will pay for lots of upgrades.

The choice, of course, is yours. There is no wrong decision as long as you can afford it and you're having fun.
Enjoy.
Roy.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Saw two C5 Z’s in the last week: one this morning and one this weekend in Estes. That is one awesome car !!!! I would think twice before giving that beauty up. I love my C6 and both cars are great…. That’s a tough call, especially if you are considering a C6 Z

·
Registered
186 Posts
I feel like I'm out of the loop ;)
What's so cool about the 08?
I personally keep a Z06 over a coupe any day, but not knowing what the 08 coupe is about, it my be an uneducated guess on my part at this point
Powerwise, will be a determining factor for me, but the feel of the Z06 is just a good thing :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
6,667 Posts
I feel like I'm out of the loop ;)
What's so cool about the 08?
I personally keep a Z06 over a coupe any day, but not knowing what the 08 coupe is about, it my be an uneducated guess on my part at this point
Powerwise, will be a determining factor for me, but the feel of the Z06 is just a good thing :thumbsup:
430 hp.:thumbsup:

Personaly, I like the C5 style better than the C6. The int change has moved it up a notch, but not enough for me.
If it's a power thing, it doesn't take much to get you'r Z there.
Maybe you'r just wanting something fresh. If thats the case, finances out of it, do it.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Tough call. I'd be very happy with either.

A C5 Z06 definitely has street cred, particularly for those in the know. You can't argue with the great numbers that the 2008 LS3 will be putting out, plus the nicer interior amenities - but there's definitely a cost issue.

In your case, you've modded your car and made it exactly how you want it. Not only have you put money into it that you're not likely to see much of as a trade-in or sale, but the labor and knowledge that you know what makes it tick, are something special you won't have with a new car.

Plus, I'm assuming your Z is paid off...paying twice its value for a new one is a big pill to swallow. I'm going to have a very hard time rationalizing a $50k plus vehicle to my wife, so I'll probably be going the C5 route for affordability if nothing else.

Either way, you'll be happy I'm sure.;)

·
Only green will do...
18,388 Posts
Any pictures of the vette what kind is it you only said you were thinking of getting a coupe does that mean that the vette you have is also a coupe can you put out a picture or send me a pm

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I have to agree with some of the other guys on this one too. Personally, if I'm going to get an '08 or wait until later (probably later) I would do what I could to keep my C5...If that is finanically possible. I have to admit that trading my '87 vert. to my '00 FRC was not easy (first Vette ever), now that I'm driving it just about every day...I know I made the right choice. That's what it comes down to, the right choice. You have to ask yourself, do I NEED the new one? Can I afford the new one? Is it worth giving up my current Vette? What's the REAL motive behind the purchase?

Mine was easy...my '87 had 157K miles on it, I took great care of it (bought is with 54K miles on it)...never had anything go wrong (other than Master Cyldnr. at 90K which I thought was not bad after 90K miles). How many more miles did she have in her? What type costs would I have had to endure in the repairs? With my '00 it had less than 22K when I got her, still has less than 30K a year later. Yes, my '87 was paid off, and now I have another car payment...but less back of the mind issues with repairs, better fuel economy, more HP, and a color/year combo that's very rare.

So my advice is this...if it's what you want...get it! If you just getting it b/c you want the NEW, but you'll have to get a second job, and pinch pennies to afford it...not worth it. Wait, save your money and buy one when there is really no issues. My 2 cents.

:thumbsup:

James
1N189

1 - 20 of 32 Posts