Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Washington Post/ABC News poll found that a greater percentage of voters are more likely to support a candidate endorsed by Governor Palin than a candidate endorsed by Barack Obama. The pollster also found that Governor Palin's effect on Republicans was "better...than Obama’s effect on Democrats." Endorsements from Palin and Obama affect independents about the same.

In light of this comparison to Barack Obama, I wonder how Chris Cillizza can conclude based on the numbers that "Palin's support is deep but not terribly wide." Since Cillizza is drawing this conclusion based on the numbers, Cillizza would also have to conclude that "Obama's support is deep but not terribly wide" as his numbers in this poll are similar to Palin's numbers. But I don't see him mentioning anything about Obama's "deep but not wide" support.

http://www.thefoxnation.com/must-reads/2010/09/16/poll-palins-endorsement-more-powerful-obamas

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
That's pretty amazing. It points to one thing...
Can you imagine if the media which hates Palin but loves Obama was as 'enchanted' with Palin as it is with Obama? Or better yet, if it's 'enchantment' was reversed?

Bottom line: Obama = FAIL. :laughing:

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
Here's the polling ...

http://abcnews.go.com/PollingUnit/page?id=11647661

This ABC News/Washington Post poll was conducted by telephone Aug. 30-Sept. 2, 2010, among a random national sample of 1,002 adults, including landline and cell-phone-only respondents.

Results for the full sample have a 3.5-point error margin.
This survey was produced for ABC News by Langer Research Associates of New York, N.Y, with sampling, data collection and tabulation by TNS of Horsham, Pa.

1-17, 19-37 previously released.

18. IF [ITEM] campaigned for a candidate for Congress in your district, would that make you more likely to (support) that candidate, more likely to (oppose) that candidate, or wouldn’t it make much difference either way ?

9/2/10 - Summary Table

...................... Support .. Oppose . No Diff .. No Opinion

a. Barack Obama ..... 17 .... 27 ....... 55 ......... *
b. Michelle Obama .... 21 .... 24 ....... 55 ......... *
c. Sarah Palin ......... 20 .... 36 ....... 42 ......... 1

***END***

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's pretty amazing. It points to one thing...
Can you imagine if the media which hates Palin but loves Obama was as 'enchanted' with Palin as it is with Obama? Or better yet, if it's 'enchantment' was reversed?

Bottom line: Obama = FAIL. :laughing:
Our next step really needs to be bankrupting the mainstream media, by refusing their products/services and going after their advertisers.. stop subscriptions to their magazines, even the non-political media. Most are close to bankruptcy already.. so it wouldn't take much of a push the get them over the edge.

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
Our next step really needs to be bankrupting the mainstream media, by refusing their products/services and going after their advertisers.. stop subscriptions to their magazines, even the non-political media. Most are close to bankruptcy already.. so it wouldn't take much of a push the get them over the edge.
I don't have 1 subscription to any magazine or newspaper. The only time I read a mag is when I go to the doctor or dentisit, and then it's usually a car mag, sports illustrated, or hunting. :thumbsup:

As far as products, my money is in a local bank that never did mortgage loans and is in good financial shape, and I have nothing manufactured by GE including light bulbs. I have no credit cards, am debt free, and my cars were purchased before the takeover and will stay that way.

Oh yeah, I stay away from anything even remotely left aligned on TV, unless I need to look at msnbc for a 'view'.

The funny thing is, all that tv crap is becoming a parody of itself, so much so I find myself embarassed for them.

·
Registered
12,410 Posts

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Truth hurts.....

If Palin was a guy or looked like Pelosi, You'd have nothing.
Actually, the only people who would have nothing is sexists like you.. :laughing: While your worried about plastic bewbies and tans.. we have to worry about real world ****, like paying your way. :D

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
The Washington Post/ABC News poll found that a greater percentage of voters are more likely to support a candidate endorsed by Governor Palin than a candidate endorsed by Barack Obama. The pollster also found that Governor Palin's effect on Republicans was "better...than Obama’s effect on Democrats."
Well DUH! :crazy:

It took a poll to find this out?? :spanked:

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
I don't have 1 subscription to any magazine or newspaper. The only time I read a mag is when I go to the doctor or dentisit, and then it's usually a car mag, sports illustrated, or hunting. :thumbsup:

As far as products, my money is in a local bank that never did mortgage loans and is in good financial shape, and I have nothing manufactured by GE including light bulbs. I have no credit cards, am debt free, and my cars were purchased before the takeover and will stay that way.

Oh yeah, I stay away from anything even remotely left aligned on TV, unless I need to look at msnbc for a 'view'.

The funny thing is, all that tv crap is becoming a parody of itself, so much so I find myself embarassed for them.
And It shows :rolling:

teasin

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
And It shows :rolling:

teasin
:thumbsup:
I can live with it too!
Bottom line, although I won't speak for you I think I can surmise from your posts that we want the same things for the country.

A return to a sound economy, prosperity, and American excellence.

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
Truth hurts.....

If Palin was a guy or looked like Pelosi, You'd have nothing.

Come clean.

"Search your feelings, you know it to be true"
:laughing:
Actually, the only people who would have nothing is sexists like you.. :laughing: While your worried about plastic bewbies and tans.. we have to worry about real world ****, like paying your way. :D
:agree:

Additionally, the accusor uses his own feelings, fear and loathing, and projects them (as fixation) against the accusee, in an attempt to justify those feelings as shame to be felt by the accusee.

i.e. the accusor is ashamed of the way he feels and therefore feels he can only be justified in feeling this way by showing how others should feel this same shame.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
The Washington Post/ABC News poll found that a greater percentage of voters are more likely to support a candidate endorsed by Governor Palin than a candidate endorsed by Barack Obama. The pollster also found that Governor Palin's effect on Republicans was "better...than Obama’s effect on Democrats." Endorsements from Palin and Obama affect independents about the same.

In light of this comparison to Barack Obama, I wonder how Chris Cillizza can conclude based on the numbers that "Palin's support is deep but not terribly wide." Since Cillizza is drawing this conclusion based on the numbers, Cillizza would also have to conclude that "Obama's support is deep but not terribly wide" as his numbers in this poll are similar to Palin's numbers. But I don't see him mentioning anything about Obama's "deep but not wide" support.

http://www.thefoxnation.com/must-reads/2010/09/16/poll-palins-endorsement-more-powerful-obamas

:thumbsup: Good, Please Vote for her to be President …. Please.

·
Banned
12,109 Posts

Additionally, the accusor uses his own feelings, fear and loathing, and projects them (as fixation) against the accusee, in an attempt to justify those feelings as shame to be felt by the accusee.

i.e. the accusor is ashamed of the way he feels and therefore feels he can only be justified in feeling this way by showing how others should feel this same shame.
whaaaa?

·
Registered
1,858 Posts

:agree:

So what group of people does that remind you of? :laughing:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts