Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
7,278 Posts
Yeah I saw this ... further, you should've heard Boner on Faux Noize Sunday this morning .. what is it with these congressional (R)'s who can't even answer for their own *Take the Country Back* recommendations on their own *Pledge to Americans* ?

I tell ya ... I ... :laughing:

· Registered
16,115 Posts
I think Health Care Insurance in this country needs overhaul. Insurance companies are the problem not lack of healthcare. When a doctor tells you your bill is 3000 if you bill your insurance and 1000 if you don't, there is a serious problem with the system.

So now given the above, mandate Health Insurance for all and tell me health care costs are not going up rather than down?

The current Health Care bill addresses a symptom not the problem and should be repealed because it will not reduce the problem.

:cheers:

· Registered
1,859 Posts
I think Health Care Insurance in this country needs overhaul. Insurance companies are the problem not lack of healthcare. When a doctor tells you your bill is 3000 if you bill your insurance and 1000 if you don't, there is a serious problem with the system.

So now given the above, mandate Health Insurance for all and tell me health care costs are not going up rather than down?

The current Health Care bill addresses a symptom not the problem and should be repealed because it will not reduce the problem.

:down: Wrong … lack of coverage is a HUGE Problem … especially for Children.

We all pay for it one way or another.

We are supposed to be the most caring Country in the World, yet we could care less if American’s in America get proper Health Care.

· Banned
31,437 Posts

:thumbsup:

· Registered
1,859 Posts
So the Republican Party had the answer to the Health Care problem … decades ago ... they just wanted to keep it a secret? I mean, who cares if Americans are dying due to NO Health Care Coverage … besides, you, can always deny this is happening and the stupid will go along. Right up to the point where they or someone they loves gets impacted.

· Banned
12,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

We are supposed to be the most caring Country in the World, yet we could care less if American’s in America get proper Health Care.

well.......

What he's saying is that the bill does not solve the root problem with HC.

I agree with that.

But I want the bill amended.
If they toss the bill, and let insurance companies run hc into the ground, that will be worse.

· Banned
12,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So the Republican Party had the answer to the Health Care problem … decades ago ... they just wanted to keep it a secret? I mean, who cares if Americans are dying due to NO Health Care Coverage … besides, you, can always deny this is happening and the stupid will go along. Right up to the point where they or someone they loves gets impacted.
Republicans are PRO....death panel...

They just pretended to be anti-death panel to attack Obama....:laughing:

· Registered
1,859 Posts
well.......

What he's saying is that the bill does not solve the root problem with HC.

I agree with that.

But I want the bill amended.
If they toss the bill, and let insurance companies run hc into the ground, that will be worse.
Amending a Bill is far better than going back to what isn’t working at all.

The Republicans have only one agenda … Repeal ANTTHING Obama does … Period!

America doesn’t matter … they lost an Election to Obama and nothing short total Humiliation will be excitable.

The American people Health Care is little concern.

· Registered
5,203 Posts
Amending a Bill is far better than going back to what isn’t working at all.

The Republicans have only one agenda … Repeal ANTTHING Obama does … Period!

America doesn’t matter … they lost an Election to Obama and nothing short total Humiliation will be excitable.

The American people Health Care is little concern.
Be carfull, you lefties are rubbing yourselves so hard you are beginning to lather:laughing:

Republicans are only repeating what the AMERICAN Pubic wants. The Barry supporters here fail to understand is Barry got elected by promising things he never intended to do. He has gone against the American public pretty much on everything he has passed. The American pubic has had enough and will vote for the recall of your precious Heath Care reform not the pubs:smack

· Registered
25,310 Posts
If you have people dying because of no health insurance, you need to vote in some more competent local leaders. I live in Texas, which is supposed to be the public benefits hellhole of the country. In my county, anyone can get top notch healthcare at the county hospital, which is a nice, modern hospital staffed with the best doctors and nurses. I know several who have ended up there because of need for the best emergency care. Everyone gets the same treatment regardless of insurance. Maybe the rest of the country isn't as generous and enlightened as we Texans are. :laughing:

· Registered
12,429 Posts

:agree:
We're seeing the effects of it already.
One small example of the problem...
My wife recently had a pet scan done. The procedure took about 45 minutes with some prep consiting of ingesting some radiactive liguid. Her insurance paid for the whole thing, but the bill was $13,000! For the life of me, I can't understand why a procedure like this should cost THAT much money, except there is no competition. It's all done through a system of referring.

· Registered
25,310 Posts
We're seeing the effects of it already.
One small example of the problem...
My wife recently had a pet scan done. The procedure took about 45 minutes with some prep consiting of ingesting some radiactive liguid. Her insurance paid for the whole thing, but the bill was $13,000! For the life of me, I can't understand why a procedure like this should cost THAT much money, except there is no competition. It's all done through a system of referring.
There must be something unusual about the procedure she had. Online sources say the usual cost is $3k to $7k.

· Registered
12,429 Posts
Really? When you get sick or hurt in an accident you go to the insurance company for treatment? That could explain a lot in your case.
I have children and they've been insured by my insurance that has been provided to me by my employer since they were born.
What's wrong with health care is not access, it's cost, and it's not doctor's fee's so much as it's diagnostic testing services and the tightly coupled relationship they have with insurance companies. Why should a pet scan cost $13,000? That is what the current bill fails to address.
In the sense of above, yes. :agree:
I understand, it's a feeling. But try to clear your head and look at the problem logically. First, the current health care bill does NOT give health insurance for free. So there still will be a large component of Americans that can't buy it. They don't work, so the IRS will have no wages or taxes to levy against them if they have to fine them. They will still have to go to the emergency room for treatment. Second it does nothing to bring the costs down. In fact, it puts a whole host of new regulation on doctors and how they treat their patients, and most of them require doctors to perform tests, sometimes redundantly on patients purely from a statistical standpoint and not individually. You cannot treat individuals on a statistical basis.
So, Americans that are paying for their health care are having it made less effective and more costly by regulations and not a lack of insurance.

· Registered
587 Posts

if you can't afford to have health insurance for your kids DON"T have the kids. there is birth control available to everyone but the problem is the only people who use it are the ones who can afford the insurance and we are stuck paying for insurance for the ones you don't use birth control. with 70% of the births to unwed who do you think will be paying for these kids insurance. everyone getting freebies should be drug tested because everyone who works and supports these non workers have to take a drug test to pay the taxes to support the ones not working.

· Registered
12,429 Posts
There must be something unusual about the procedure she had. Online sources say the usual cost is $3k to $7k.
Hmmm... don't know about that. It was 3 years ago in NJ...could it have been very new at the time?

It was for altzheimer's. Are you sure you're talking about PET Scan and not MRI?

· Registered
25,310 Posts

· Registered
12,429 Posts
if you can't afford to have health insurance for your kids DON"T have the kids.
When my ex and I had our children, we held off until we felt we could afford to give them a decent life.
there is birth control available to everyone but the problem is the only people who use it are the ones who can afford the insurance and we are stuck paying for insurance for the ones you don't use birth control.
with 70% of the births to unwed who do you think will be paying for these kids insurance. everyone getting freebies should be drug tested because everyone who works and supports these non workers have to take a drug test to pay the taxes to support the ones not working.
Unfortunately, the above points, especially the first one, are all but lost on the health care wishers. THey rant about the cost of babies being born to unwed mothers. Unwed mothers would probably not be mothers if they knew that the price of saying 'yes' was to deal with the expense of your decision rather than having the kid, getting an abortion, or giving it up for adoption, all for free. Free? Hell, you can actuallyget paid for being an unwed mother...then you don't even have to go to work. Just sit around in your rent-controlled section 8 apartment and collect a welfare check based on the number of babies you pop out.

Like I said before, it's what the dems want to keep in place so they can siphon off more and more of the approriations to themselves and thier 'cronies'.

· Registered
12,429 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.