Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after 12 years and maybe 100k miles my poly upper/lower bushings....something squeeks....I wonder what I need do to 'fix' that....

without tearing it all out again and redoing it...anything in the way of spary on silicone oils/etc that can alleviate the obvious distress???

:crazy: :cheers:

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Well, after 12 years and maybe 100k miles my poly upper/lower bushings....something squeeks....I wonder what I need do to 'fix' that....

without tearing it all out again and redoing it...anything in the way of spary on silicone oils/etc that can alleviate the obvious distress???

:crazy: :cheers:
I asked Pattie at VB and P the same thing. She sent me a sample of what they use from "Energy Suspension Products." It's just silicone grease.;)

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I asked Pattie at VB and P the same thing. She sent me a sample of what they use from "Energy Suspension Products." It's just silicone grease.;)
Yeh, I still have that yellow container with it in the cabinet...thing is...I have to take the suspension apart to use it....:crazy: :lookinup:

looking for a more liquid easy solution....hate to wait untill I have to replace bushings....me B LAZY....

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Go to someplace like Outdoor World, in the camping stuff they'll have a very large syringe and a really big needle to inject meat with different flavors. Load it with your favorite silicone grease (I like Dow-Corning DC-4) and give the bushings an immunization..

:cheers:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts