Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I appologize if this is not the area to post such an inquiry but here goes. I bought my 05 C6 from a dealer in NJ in January 07. I've contacted them 8 times since to obtain the second key and FOB that they promised me when I purchased the car. Each and every time I called, I asked NOT to speak with my sales person because he is useless and full of empty promises. The last time I called, I spoke to a nice woman who told me that she would have the service department call me back and retrieve my VIN so that they could cut me a new key and forward the FOB ASAP. Then my phone rang about 10 minutes later and it was my sales person again reprimanding me for going behind his back. I appologized and told him that since he was unwilling to help me I felt I had no choice. Then the salesman made his 9th empty promise and told me that he would call me back by the end of the week which of course never happened. Please know that I live in Massachusetts and I flew to NJ to buy this car. I paid top dollar for this corvette and feel that a purchase of this magnitude deserves at the very least two keys. How can I deal with an uncooperative and disrespectful dealership?

Please help.

·
Registered
26 Posts
the quickest way to get things done is to call management. If that doesn't work, contact the owner. Keep going up the food chain until you're satisified. good luck!

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
I appologize if this is not the area to post such an inquiry but here goes. I bought my 05 C6 from a dealer in NJ in January 07. I've contacted them 8 times since to obtain the second key and FOB that they promised me when I purchased the car. Each and every time I called, I asked NOT to speak with my sales person because he is useless and full of empty promises. The last time I called, I spoke to a nice woman who told me that she would have the service department call me back and retrieve my VIN so that they could cut me a new key and forward the FOB ASAP. Then my phone rang about 10 minutes later and it was my sales person again reprimanding me for going behind his back. I appologized and told him that since he was unwilling to help me I felt I had no choice. Then the salesman made his 9th empty promise and told me that he would call me back by the end of the week which of course never happened. Please know that I live in Massachusetts and I flew to NJ to buy this car. I paid top dollar for this corvette and feel that a purchase of this magnitude deserves at the very least two keys. How can I deal with an uncooperative and disrespectful dealership?

Please help.
What dealer? Maybe I can be of assistance.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
298 Posts
Poor Dealer

Why did you pay top dollar? There are good deals to be had. I got my vette at KERBECKS for bottom dollar and had it shipped cross country, no problems,I saved $8000 . GOOD LUCK hope you get your key and FOB.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Top Dollar

The reason I bought from this dealer was because they were the only one at the time that had the black exterior and the cashmere interior. The dealer is Classic Chevrolet Moorestown NJ.

·
Registered
129 Posts
ptaylor_9849;802640 Then my phone rang about 10 minutes later and it was my sales person again reprimanding me for going behind his back. I appologized and told him that since he was unwilling to help me I felt I had no choice. Then the salesman made his 9th empty promise and told me that he would call me back by the end of the week which of course never happened. Please help.[/QUOTE said:
NEVER EVER APOLOGIZE TO THE SALES PERSON = THEY ARE THERE TO SERVE YOU!!!! GO UP THE FOOD CHAIN ALL THE WAY IF YOU MUST AND DONT APOLOGISE TO ANYONE = IF YOU WERE PROMISED THAT FOB(KEY) THEN GET IT!!! CALL CHEVROLET IF YOU HAVE TO. KEEP US INFORMED HERE ON HOW YOU ARE COMING ALONG. YOU MIGHT JUST TELL EVERYONE YOU TALK TO AT THE DEALERSHIP THAT YOU HAVE GONE TO THE INTERNET WITH THEIR NAME AND YOUR PROBLEM DEALING WITH THEM = I KNOW FOR ONE THAT I WILL NOT BE DEALING WITH THEM ANYTIME SOON. GET MAD, STAY MAD AND LET THEM KNOW YOU ARE MAD!!!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts