Votes: 26 50.0%
  • Fixed

Votes: 18 34.6%
  • Don't care if it looks good

Votes: 8 15.4%
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

· Registered
3,603 Posts
Wow. Now that it is getting closer to January, and more spy pics have circulated, as many people have voted for fixed as they have for pop up. I'm surprised.

· Registered
3,603 Posts
GM needs to develop a paint that become transparent when light is pointed at the inside. Now that would be cool. You could have normal body color headlights then without the ugly popups when you are using them.

· DC Crew
1,452 Posts
Pop up lights.

Nuff said.

· Registered
13,516 Posts
When the c-6 is like 5 years old I want to see how the fixed lights look....every car I have had with them the glass/plastic either gets a funky look to them or they get water in them! :nuts: I just sold a Stealth with only 60k & it definetly was a garaged car that had the fixed lights & if I was keeping it I would be looking for new ones....they had a funny haze to them that I couldnt get out! I think someone will be selling a set of pop up lights for c-6's as an upgrade within the first year of production!:lookinup:

· Registered
2,350 Posts
I hope your right GRANDSPORT, although the fixed my look good they dont spell corvette. I would hope to see popup's as an aftermarket part because i dont care about the extra weight if its not a corvette... at first when I heard about the fixed headlights I was appauled... I was denieing(sp?) it untill I saw those pics today that Patrick posted... im upset but than again w/ the more photchops I see w/ the "Ferrari" headlights they are really growing on me so who knows... and maybe they will be smarter than dodge(its not that hard to outsmart dodge:laughing: ) and get some quality headlights... Oh and one more thing. if all this engine work is being done (rumored at 500 in some sources) and the more advanced bodywork how will they keep it at the affordable corvette price?:huh:

· Registered
226 Posts
Cheep plastic lenses do weather after a few years. They usually turn a sick nasty yellowish color.... I hate that. I doubt the vette lenses will do that. They have better plastics nowadays that are more suitable for headlight lenses. I'm sure they'll weather nicely and not turn all funky colors. At least, I would hope so.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.