Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
scrappy here i have one headlight that keeps popping up when i turn the car off.
now ive rebuilt both actuators, and replaced the vacuum actuator relays with new units from wilcox corvette parts. the actuators are only about 1 1/2 months old. the headlights worked great for the month and a half till last week when the passenger headlight started popping up when i turned the car off. no vacuum leaks anywhere.

thnx
J
:thud:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont think so i mean they worked RIGHT for a month and 1\2
then all the sudden popeye.

what's weird is the'll be closed during driving and when the car is turned off the passenger one will just pop-up.

when their down if i turn them on they'll both open and close like normal

i checked the vacuum lines anyways and found nothing. i called wilcox corvette since the relays were new and they said that its VERY uncommon for relays to go bad and there isn't a warranty anyways

thnx
J

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Disconnect you vacuum hose's from the lights. When they are down they should stay down and when they are up they should stay up. This will check the maniacal parts.

Then swap the vacuum switches,(I think you are calling these relays) There are is on for the right and the left. If the problem follows then one is bad. That only leaves the actors

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok now if your ready to laugh continue reading. so here we go=
vacuum lines -check
actuators -check
vac. relays -check
check valve -check
Crap, that leaves the dreaded electrical demons i fear most!
ok, I'll try later. closed hood but somethings not quite right. hoods not latching and looks out of adjustment. hmm never noticed that before?
OK........
finally get hood opened again to find... VACUMM HOSE TO HEADLIGHTS PINCHED UNDER HOOD LATCH!
I checked that very line for vacuum leaks..now i dont know whether to laugh or cry.
LOL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts