2,151 Posts
looks like you'd have to drop the engine out to do about anything to it
looks quick!!:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
9,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Patrick96LT4 said:
That sure is squished in there. I wonder if there is still a back seat! How do they cool that thing?
The radiator was under the rear spoiler. If you look close, the radiator hoses go up through the hood. There were electric fans that cooled the radiator.

I talked with the builder, and he showed me the Patent he owns for the kit he sells for dropping small blocks in the Porches. I wish I thought to ask him how he set up the transmission.

Bill

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,516 Posts
stilcrazee said:
I would bet it handles real spooky with that much weight in the rear.
He says his setup is lighter than the stock Porsche due to the all aluminum block and heads of the LS1. Amazing!

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:
That sure is squished in there. I wonder if there is still a back seat! How do they cool that thing?
Wow,i just came from there web site,theres a video of the tuning,it's hard to read,it's either 11.0 or 11.9 in the quarter mile.230 mph top speed.The LS1 weighs 75lbs less than the stock porshe 6 banger.That car is also super charged.There doing a 914 conversion now.It's a guy in Texas in his garage.

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Pretty sweet stuff. :)

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
matchframe said:
The radiator was under the rear spoiler. If you look close, the radiator hoses go up through the hood. There were electric fans that cooled the radiator.

I talked with the builder, and he showed me the Patent he owns for the kit he sells for dropping small blocks in the Porches. I wish I thought to ask him how he set up the transmission.

Bill
It says on the site you can't get a patent for motor swapping,the patent is for the radiator cooling system design he invented.:thumbsup:
There doing a 914 LS1 also.The 911 is also supercharged

1 - 16 of 16 Posts